Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » ID Question
icon5.gif  ID Question [message #67982] Mon, 01 April 2013 22:17 Go to next message
Sparrow
I have a question about the ID numbers on all of the entries. I've noticed that when you load an fmp, it adds the next number ID in that section for you. So my question is how does an object keep its graphic and texture when loaded into FE? If you already have textures from mods, their ID numbers go up after the last one which is 6290. So what if a person makes a mod and they use 6291 because its the first texture that the person has made. When someone else loads their fmp and they already have 6291 because they have already loaded a few mods, will the graphic still use that 6291 even though its not the one its set to use in the fmp? I've been wondering this for years and I haven't seen anyone ask about it. It is a very interesting subject to me so I hope that someone with great intelligence that can understand what I'm saying can help me... (Specifically I had morerunes in mind)

Are you shpongled?
Re: ID Question [message #67992 is a reply to message #67982] Wed, 03 April 2013 10:45 Go to previous message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

The id's in the fmp file are mapped to pieces of data. Once those pieces of data are added to the game, the new id's are used instead of the old ones, because it only needs to know the piece of data to get its id.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Previous Topic: DMC
Next Topic: What do bump textures do?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:42:33 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01515 seconds