Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » FE/Shadownet memory
FE/Shadownet memory [message #68083] Fri, 19 April 2013 21:47 Go to next message
A Fable Fan is currently offline  A Fable Fan
Ok, forgive me while I try to narrate my problem. On my pc a few years ago, I learned about modding fable. To make things easy, I gave symbol names to everything I changed. I did this to weapons and CShopdefs. I changed weapon sizes, damages, and rearranged who sold what grade of weapons. Two weapons (and only these two entries) then came up with window "Error Parsing Entry" reading "Control bytes mismatch. ID=B27A08D" with a button "OK" that opens the window in the screenshot (sorry I don't know how to make spoilers so see Screenshot (1).png at bottom). After installing Fable onto my tablet, I moved the old "data" folder over to it and had the same problem. Since then I have removed Shadownet, uninstalled Fable, deleted all Fable/Shadownet related files, reinstalled the program and def.xml and Fable multiple times, and still have the same problem. I tried to override the problem by creating FMPs with symbol name changed from a different device, but where entries matched, nothing changed, and where they didn't match new entries with the different names were added. And now the question(s). How do I fix the Parsing Errors and/or how do I wipe Shadownet's memory so I can work with working entries.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in your responses, and for not making an idiot feel like an idiot (I am not sure what type of question this is or into which thread it should go, so here goes nothing).

King of the NOOBS
Assuming, the position is awarded based on degree of newbishness.

[Updated on: Fri, 19 April 2013 21:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FE/Shadownet memory [message #68084 is a reply to message #68083] Fri, 19 April 2013 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

A Fable Fan wrote on Fri, 19 April 2013 23:47

how do I wipe Shadownet's memory

Replace the modded files with back-ups. If you didn't make back-ups, the link in my sig concerning them has info on how to get them off of your disks.

If you have Vista or Win7 you can also look into "Virtual Store"

[Updated on: Fri, 19 April 2013 22:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FE/Shadownet memory [message #68089 is a reply to message #68084] Sat, 20 April 2013 15:50 Go to previous message
A Fable Fan is currently offline  A Fable Fan
Thank you, since you mentioned virtual store existed on Vista and Windows 7, I looked to see if it existed on Windows 8 and found the source of the problem was the virtual store. reinstalled after deleting the virtual store files and now have a clean slate for mods. Now it's time to make backups then start modding. Unfortunately, the FMP's I made don't overwrite existing data so loading my Cshopdef symbol names just made new entries...oh well at least I didn't do too much since I last did any modding.

King of the NOOBS
Assuming, the position is awarded based on degree of newbishness.
Previous Topic: How to...? In Chocolate box
Next Topic: XBox 360 Controller
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:26:27 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01266 seconds