Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Creating new graphics for objects
Creating new graphics for objects [message #68249] Wed, 15 May 2013 18:50 Go to next message
Sparrow
I just wanted to know what I would have to do to a graphic in order to have the hero not be able to walk through it. I want to make objects but I don't want the hero to be able to walk through them so how would I make that happen? Do I need to add helpers or what? I'm thinking of making my own version of fable and this would be a necessity for my fable to not suck.

Are you shpongled?
Re: Creating new graphics for objects [message #68252 is a reply to message #68249] Wed, 15 May 2013 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wyntilda is currently offline  Wyntilda
Falset wrote on Wed, 15 May 2013 18:50

I just wanted to know what I would have to do to a graphic in order to have the hero not be able to walk through it. I want to make objects but I don't want the hero to be able to walk through them so how would I make that happen? Do I need to add helpers or what? I'm thinking of making my own version of fable and this would be a necessity for my fable to not suck.

I'm not very experienced, but I've poked through the meshes in CBox and it seems that each mesh (or most meshes, anyway) have an accompanying PHYSICS mesh that goes with it. Perhaps this has something to do with it?

Leaves fall
in the autumn
of lives
that appear
to be worthless
to some,
utmost ignorant.

Necrophagist - Epitaph
Re: Creating new graphics for objects [message #68253 is a reply to message #68252] Wed, 15 May 2013 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Ah I see. After final exams I will test your theory. I assume you are saying the physics are in the Cdefs of the object in the game.bin. So I can just make an object about the same shape of an object already in the game and link the physics and it will work right? Or it will at least have physics right?

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Wed, 15 May 2013 19:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Creating new graphics for objects [message #68254 is a reply to message #68253] Wed, 15 May 2013 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wyntilda is currently offline  Wyntilda
Falset wrote on Wed, 15 May 2013 19:28

Ah I see. After final exams I will test your theory. I assume you are saying the physics are in the Cdefs of the object in the game.bin. So I can just make an object about the same shape of an object already in the game and link the physics and it will work right? Or it will at least have physics right?

I have absolutely no idea. All I know is that there's seperate physics meshes in graphics.big.

Leaves fall
in the autumn
of lives
that appear
to be worthless
to some,
utmost ignorant.

Necrophagist - Epitaph
Re: Creating new graphics for objects [message #68255 is a reply to message #68254] Wed, 15 May 2013 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Ohhhhh. Sweet so I can probably make some physics meshes! That's badass. Thanks! I never noticed those in the graphics.big

Are you shpongled?
Re: Creating new graphics for objects [message #68267 is a reply to message #68255] Thu, 16 May 2013 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Hey Falset, if you have trouble figuring phys meshes let me know.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Creating new graphics for objects [message #68277 is a reply to message #68267] Fri, 17 May 2013 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Okay. To start off, can I just make a graphic in blender and then make a physics graphic and export them and prepare for fable or do I have to add something to them?

Are you shpongled?
Re: Creating new graphics for objects [message #68303 is a reply to message #68277] Sun, 19 May 2013 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

You don't have to add anything, but just keep in mind that the phys mesh should be simpler than the real mesh.

Re: Creating new graphics for objects [message #68356 is a reply to message #68303] Tue, 21 May 2013 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
So I can't use the same mesh as the physics?

Are you shpongled?
Re: Creating new graphics for objects [message #68357 is a reply to message #68356] Tue, 21 May 2013 21:24 Go to previous message

Administrator

You could, but there are a few problems.

1. If you have stairs, it needs to act like a ramp instead of stairs or the hero will just run into it.

2. More complicated physics meshes require more cpu power.

Previous Topic: Has Fable3Mod.com become a spam farm?
Next Topic: Strange runic message in Fable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:48:05 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01384 seconds