Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Need help with Fable Explorer
Need help with Fable Explorer [message #68497] Sat, 08 June 2013 02:22
Cristik is currently offline  Cristik
Ok so I downloaded Fable Explorer and only did what I had to so that I could remove all the old age effects and removed the blonde hair colours so it stays black. Now when I clicked save mods and run fable it says "Windows cannot find 'splash.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

I clicked Ok on that then fable loaded with no problems (I can't tell if what I did made changed to the game or not seeing how I am in the process of restarting the game doing apprentice training) But after a short time the game just crashes and I am forced to close it. Even if I run the game directly from the shortcut with out the explorer it eventually crashes and must be closed.

Is there something that I am missing, or something that I have to do in order to fix this problem?

These are the steps I took to alter the game using explorer:
-Downloaded and extracted Fable explorer into it's own folder on my desktop
-Opened the explorer and deleted "old, bump, and blonde" character traits in CREATURE_HERO section
-Applied changes
-Then clicked save mods and run fable

Any help on this ASAP would be appreciated I know these forums are old but I don't know where else to turn to. Thanks in advance Smile

[Update] So I replaced the files I needed to fix my crash problem and decided to try other things with the explorer (still cannot removed old age affects without crash). I tried to spawn in custom items using guard drops, things that are normally in the game like Avo's Tear drops and picks up no problem. Though when the custom item I am attempting to get drops and I pick up it's an instant crash. So I came to the conclusion that anything I add or remove is what will make my game crash.

Once again any help would be appreciated, I am interested in obtaining custom weapons and clothing through FE but as you can tell I am having problems. Sad

[Updated on: Sat, 08 June 2013 16:54]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: An odd easter egg... can anyone confirm/explain?
Next Topic: Hello all!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:08:49 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01624 seconds