Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Fable TLC HD Remake
icon7.gif  Fable TLC HD Remake [message #68563] Tue, 11 June 2013 08:52 Go to next message
MysticSorrow is currently offline  MysticSorrow
Is it really true....
. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EhswZYju0s&feature=yout ube_gdata_player
There's gonna be a HD remake of the best game in the world!!??
And if so, would it be on PC because I'd hate not to be able to turn into a white balverine and roam the streets of bower stone! Wink

#Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #68564 is a reply to message #68563] Tue, 11 June 2013 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dr3am3r21 is currently offline  Dr3am3r21
they said it won't be on pc

Mod FTW!!! :D
Cpt Dreamer Designs
http://i42.tinypic.com/33ushnt.jpg
Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #68565 is a reply to message #68564] Tue, 11 June 2013 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awe that sucks, how will it be modded then!?

#Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #68566 is a reply to message #68565] Tue, 11 June 2013 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know man.... Sad Well... To bad.. Lionhead will sure lose a BIG amount of fans...

Cpt Dreamer Designs
Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #68567 is a reply to message #68566] Tue, 11 June 2013 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

You can mod xb360 games, it's just a pain in the neck =p

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #68568 is a reply to message #68567] Tue, 11 June 2013 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I know, I used to do fable 2 with horizon, and a flash drive :/

Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #68570 is a reply to message #68568] Tue, 11 June 2013 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Could you add mods with horizon? Or would you have to rip the game, add mods a burn it like you had to with ps2? Oh yeah and you'd have to jtag your xbox too. I know you can edit saves but that wont really get deep enough into the game to make weapons or anything.

-

We just need a 360 game ripper that will let us take the textures and put it in tlc.

-

Dr3am3r21 wrote:

they said it won't be on pc

Lionhead said they aren't sure yet. They are only working on an xbox version right now and they haven't started making the pc version if you didn't understand that.

Oh btw its my third triple post on this forum!! Triple triple posts!

Agreed, this is getting silly. Consolidated! - morerunes

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Wed, 12 June 2013 16:29] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #68575 is a reply to message #68564] Tue, 11 June 2013 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Falset wrote on Tue, 11 June 2013 17:59

Oh btw its my third triple post on this forum!! Triple triple posts!

Stop doing that, use the EDIT button.

Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #68576 is a reply to message #68575] Tue, 11 June 2013 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
But it makes me feel more organized. But okay, I'll just shove them all together in the future.

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Thu, 13 June 2013 21:34]

Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #68577 is a reply to message #68576] Wed, 12 June 2013 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ow sorry didn't knew that Razz

Cpt Dreamer Designs
Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #68592 is a reply to message #68577] Thu, 13 June 2013 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
God damn... Ted from LionHead said they are going to look into this community to see "Which were the most popular mods" for ideas in DLC. It's really cool how much this community has affected the fable community and developers. Hopefully they look into jack of blades armour, thunder's, maze's, and other cool clothing. As well as new weapons and maps Smile

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #68594 is a reply to message #68592] Thu, 13 June 2013 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hobbilis is currently offline  Hobbilis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24SUEkQ9CEs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmzm_ysJKrI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3NjecnNi3I
Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #68596 is a reply to message #68592] Thu, 13 June 2013 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Awesome... I wish I had good mods Sad

Are you shpongled?
Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #68598 is a reply to message #68594] Thu, 13 June 2013 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hobbilis wrote on Thu, 13 June 2013 14:35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24SUEkQ9CEs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmzm_ysJKrI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3NjecnNi3I

That's the video i'm talking about Wink.

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #68604 is a reply to message #68598] Thu, 13 June 2013 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
The smartglass portion of this whole thing seems a bit lame and useless to me... If they really want to get somewhere, something big like online play, updated physics, kinect support to control the hero, and gameplay with other creatures would do it. And why do people want it to stick to the original story? Something new and exciting is what I'm looking for. I've played tlc enough times for it to become boring. I'm hoping they branch out and add a lot more than what is shown in the gameplay, because that just looks like the same boring crap.

Are you shpongled?
Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #68609 is a reply to message #68604] Sat, 15 June 2013 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lenop is currently offline  Lenop
Zyreq wrote on Thu, 13 June 2013 14:25

they are going to look into this community to see "Which were the most popular mods" for ideas in DLC.

I made a rant yesterday at ProjectEgo about how our limitations in modding will result in limitations for DLC and made a point that if they were to give us a little support, for either Fable: TLC or this HD re-release, we'd be able to give them a whole lot more material to use for DLC.

Another thing that I hadn't thought of is exactly how they'll do DLC. One of the major problems with updates and DLC with Fable: TLC was that it really wasn't supported in any kind of practical manner. Keshire always wanted an override system, where having a file or a folder somewhere would replace/add only certain binary entries allowing for easier modding.

Falset wrote on Thu, 13 June 2013 18:59

And why do people want it to stick to the original story? Something new and exciting is what I'm looking for.

I won't say that it can't be done, only that it shouldn't be done. Control schemes, maybe. But story? No. If they change the way the game is played, that's one thing. Changing the story means it's not Fable: TLC anymore and could possibly upset more players than please.
Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #68610 is a reply to message #68563] Sat, 15 June 2013 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyscifi is currently offline  tyscifi
Do people actually need a gameguide for this game? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoL__HE2N0E Takes the fun out of it. Didn't realize someone already linked the same video with a different link, sorry.

"Smoke Meth, Hail Satan."

[Updated on: Sat, 15 June 2013 08:42]

Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #68863 is a reply to message #68609] Fri, 21 June 2013 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lenop wrote on Sat, 15 June 2013 08:23

Zyreq wrote on Thu, 13 June 2013 14:25

they are going to look into this community to see "Which were the most popular mods" for ideas in DLC.

I made a rant yesterday at ProjectEgo about how our limitations in modding will result in limitations for DLC and made a point that if they were to give us a little support, for either Fable: TLC or this HD re-release, we'd be able to give them a whole lot more material to use for DLC.

Another thing that I hadn't thought of is exactly how they'll do DLC. One of the major problems with updates and DLC with Fable: TLC was that it really wasn't supported in any kind of practical manner. Keshire always wanted an override system, where having a file or a folder somewhere would replace/add only certain binary entries allowing for easier modding.

Falset wrote on Thu, 13 June 2013 18:59

And why do people want it to stick to the original story? Something new and exciting is what I'm looking for.

I won't say that it can't be done, only that it shouldn't be done. Control schemes, maybe. But story? No. If they change the way the game is played, that's one thing. Changing the story means it's not Fable: TLC anymore and could possibly upset more players than please.

Found your rant LenopimeanJohn. Good read.

Lenop

The problem at looking at popular mods for Fable TLC is that the modding capability was very limited and so the mods themselves were very limited. The most they'll be able to take away from the modding community is a wishlist, modding ideas and concepts that we all would have loved to do were we ever truly able.

Before I continue, I'd like to qualify myself here as someone knowing exactly what he's talking about. This is difficult as I generally prefer to be modest and this requires being the opposite of that. I'd feel confident in saying that I know more about Fable: TLC than any ten players, any three modders and any two Lionhead developers. I have run my fingers through every line of script, every variable in each binary, everything, I have spent my teen years learning how to crack formats and my early 20s doing so with this game.

The core of the game is hardcoded. We can't mod gameflow and that ties everything together. The quest scripts and basically everything essential in creating a mod that did more than merely add/modify assets or very minor things through map edits or miniscule changes like weapon damage or changing chest contents were the forbidden fruits hanging just out of reach. I'd like to say that an increasingly few talented individuals were capable of more, but such individuals are all gone now and I'm all that's left.

Some very important things on the modding community wishlist:
- a way to create new cutscenes rather than hijack existing ones, and have a way to call them in the game. Because, technically, we can create new cutscenes, but without a way to make them start it's all just a useless entry in the script.bin.
- a way to effectively edit navdata. This format was never fully understood and the tools to edit it were never really completed. As a result, we couldn't rework the maps, we could only use the existing walking paths on the maps.
- a way to create new maps. The key to this one lies in the STB, which holds the landscape. Almost everything that is ground, water, or flora is held in this archive and the format for it still remains unsolved. If you like invisible landscapes, you can create new maps, but again those maps are limited by the previous point. And no one likes invisible mountains anyway.
- speaking of which, a way to modify the STB. The holy grail, we would be able to truly create beautiful, wonderful, breathtaking worlds if this one could be granted.
- a way to create new quests, and thoroughly modify existing ones. As it is, it's possible to modify this or that with the quests such as the rewards and which maps and regions they start in, in addition to a few minor variables here and there. But the real meat of this one is hardcoded and the level of skill and the amount of time and effort required to do even the smallest things are just mindbogglingly insane. An example is shown here, sadly the author has made the video private but the concept remains.
- Animations. We can create any 3D model, but it will be constrained to the animations that already exist in the game. Without a plugin or suite that would allow us to edit animations (not to mention properly import and export models), only very minor changes to animations can be made to work. Such as this one.
- A million other smaller things that escape my attention at the moment.

If enough truly talented people had the time, patience and inclination, they could continue to push the limits of what is and isn't possible in Fable modding. Sadly the task is too daunting and the reward too small. For example, the amount of effort required to make a completely unique and custom creature, from the model and textures, to the bones and animations, to the behavior and "brain" and "opinion" it has, to it's weapons and attack styles and patterns, it would take days of nothing else. Assuming you already know what all of the unknown variables in the brain and opinion entries are, but then they'd not be called "unknown". And the reward, there's no way to incorporate this creation into the story, no way to make it a real part of the quests, so what's the point?

If they really want to get some help from the modding community, they may want to consider giving a little support to the modding community. With just a little help from them, so much more would be possible and then they'd have a modding community coming up with all kinds of amazing stuff they can use as inspiration for DLC.

Edit: I want to mention that some things are just engine limitations and can't be helped. Mounts, naval battles, swinging bridges, dynamically changing/moving maps and cities, these things just can't work right. But rest assured that it has been thought of and attempted regardless.

Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #68974 is a reply to message #68563] Fri, 05 July 2013 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Indeed, a very good read. But it's not going to happen unless they port everything over to the F2/3 engine. Everything with Fable 1 was inherently tied into the main executable. It's just not feasible to pull that data out unless you do some very dirty hacks.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #69008 is a reply to message #68974] Tue, 09 July 2013 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Just a quick footnote, when I said I knew more than any three modders, metaminds like Keshire do not count. But he cheats anyway, so. There.
Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #69015 is a reply to message #69008] Tue, 09 July 2013 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
JohnDoe wrote on Tue, 09 July 2013 12:31

Just a quick footnote, when I said I knew more than any three modders, metaminds like Keshire do not count. But he cheats anyway, so. There.

It's all cool. I count you as a peer and equal. Razz

And I can't claim to be perfect. I killed the F3 forum and Pe_ell is trying to fix it at the moment.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #69022 is a reply to message #69015] Wed, 10 July 2013 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Wait Pe_ell is still around? Why doesn't he mod? Wtf?

Are you shpongled?
Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #69028 is a reply to message #69022] Wed, 10 July 2013 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Sparrow wrote on Wed, 10 July 2013 19:39

Wait Pe_ell is still around? Why doesn't he mod? Wtf?

As server host, he's above all that. Seven days and then he slept, and all that. Razz

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
icon13.gif  Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #69029 is a reply to message #68563] Wed, 10 July 2013 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, does anyone know if I could use an Xbox 360 emulator to play Fable Anniversary? Can PC even do xbox's graphics right?

Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #69030 is a reply to message #69029] Wed, 10 July 2013 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MysticSorrow wrote on Wed, 10 July 2013 20:11

Hey, does anyone know if I could use an Xbox 360 emulator to play Fable Anniversary? Can PC even do xbox's graphics right?

I didn't even know it existed until i googled it right now.EDIT:Not sure if it works though... But if you have the program, go for it, it'd be cool to know if it works. According to this youtuber it can run .iso files. Again, not sure if it works...

[Updated on: Wed, 10 July 2013 20:33]

Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #69032 is a reply to message #69030] Thu, 11 July 2013 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Zyreq wrote on Wed, 10 July 2013 22:30

I didn't even know it existed

Doesn't exist. Not a working one anyway. There are a handful of original xbox emulators but even those are clumsy and far from perfect.
Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #69033 is a reply to message #69032] Thu, 11 July 2013 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohh well.... It was worth a try, but i guess i will have to do xbox mods the old fashioned way. Confused

Re: Fable TLC HD Remake [message #69035 is a reply to message #69033] Thu, 11 July 2013 10:40 Go to previous message
MysticSorrow wrote on Thu, 11 July 2013 08:07

Ohh well.... It was worth a try, but i guess i will have to do xbox mods the old fashioned way. Confused

@John: Oh well, too good to be true :/
Why do you want to go through all that trouble and mod the xbox version?

[Updated on: Thu, 11 July 2013 10:41]

Previous Topic: Little Questions
Next Topic: Fable 3 Bot spam cleanup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:25:38 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01403 seconds