Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Clothing Enchantments
Clothing Enchantments [message #69130] Thu, 18 July 2013 13:02 Go to next message
Sparrow
Would it be possible to apply augmentations to clothing? Or add special effects to clothing? I want to make Mage robes from skyrim with special abilities to like make your magic stronger or just give you more mana.

Are you shpongled?
Re: Clothing Enchantments [message #69143 is a reply to message #69130] Thu, 18 July 2013 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Sadly no and no. You can, however, add graphical effects through some magic trickery. The only things you can do with clothing is armor, obviously, attractiveness, agreeableness and alignment. Maybe not agreeableness. That might just be CBonusItemDef.
Re: Clothing Enchantments [message #69154 is a reply to message #69130] Fri, 19 July 2013 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OnlyABlade is currently offline  OnlyABlade
And...

I Can´t add the cbonusitemDef to the clothes?
And how to add the ``Special Effects´´?
Re: Clothing Enchantments [message #69163 is a reply to message #69154] Sat, 20 July 2013 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
You can add a CBonusItemDef to clothes if you wish. If you do it perfectly and the game doesn't crash, I hypothesize that the best-case scenario is that the item acts like a book with a CBonusItemDef - that it's having the item that increases your health and will, not wearing the item, which is not exactly the sort of "enchanting" you want. Or, another likely possibility, nothing happens. But my favorite and always possible option, total failure resulting in crash.

As for graphical effects... it's complicated and requires editing on a number of fronts. First you need to attach a helper to something the Hero is going to wear. This means creating an animated mesh as a clothing item. This helper is where the effect will spawn when worn. We'll call our helper... HDMY_LIGHT_POINT

Your first thought might be to try the CParticleAttacherDef for linking the effect to your new helper. This is actually a good thought, unfortunately it is also wrong. What you want to do instead is edit the CHeroMorphDef and add a new entry in one of the effects sections (I'm sure that it absolutely matters which one, but I am not sure which you need to use - if it crashes or something worse happens, try the other). Throw in the names.bin offset for our helper (click the ... and look for LIGHT_POINT). And make sure the dependent stat is set to base. If you're unsure what number is base - it's 2.

Load up Fable, wear your edited/created item and watch in amazement and/or get a crash or worse. Enjoy.

This knowledge was passed down from the first age, and this was first accomplished by Keshire.
Re: Clothing Enchantments [message #69168 is a reply to message #69163] Sun, 21 July 2013 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
JohnDoe wrote on Sun, 21 July 2013 02:22

Your first thought might be to try the CParticleAttacherDef for linking the effect to your new helper. This is actually a good thought, unfortunately it is also wrong. What you want to do instead is edit the CHeroMorphDef and add a new entry in one of the effects sections (I'm sure that it absolutely matters which one, but I am not sure which you need to use - if it crashes or something worse happens, try the other). Throw in the names.bin offset for our helper (click the ... and look for LIGHT_POINT). And make sure the dependent stat is set to base. If you're unsure what number is base - it's 2.

Load up Fable, wear your edited/created item and watch in amazement and/or get a crash or worse. Enjoy.

This knowledge was passed down from the first age, and this was first accomplished by Keshire.

I know how to add a helper but I have no idea what you are saying after that and yeah I read a thread about adding helpers to add effects to meshes but it doesn't really sound all that fun.

Are you shpongled?
Re: Clothing Enchantments [message #69170 is a reply to message #69168] Sun, 21 July 2013 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
It's simples. You were doing mesh work, right? Well, you can take a look at a chest armor piece, or the torso of the Hero. Look at the bones. You'll see helpers for the scabbard, where the Hero puts his weapon away, mixed in with the bones. This is so that when the Hero moves, the helper will move with him. You can use that as an example of how to add helpers to meshes (it can all be done in notepad if you're leet).

The rest is definition edits. Just copypasta and effects listing in the CHeroMorphDef, change which effect is used, change the helper the effect is attached to, and change the base stat. All of which is explained in my last post. See? Simples.

I'm gonna have to start doing some of this stuff to show you boy scouts how it's done.

[Updated on: Sun, 21 July 2013 13:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Clothing Enchantments [message #69172 is a reply to message #69170] Sun, 21 July 2013 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
JohnDoe wrote on Sun, 21 July 2013 16:06

I'm gonna have to start doing some of this stuff to show you boy scouts how it's done.

Yes please. Tutorials. Every kind. I need them because I'm going to mod Skyrim and I have no idea how to yet. I know they use skinwrap instead of skin modifiers and they mod with the "creation kit" but that's all I know about Skyrim modding. And I hope fable modding is similar Razz

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Sun, 21 July 2013 13:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Clothing Enchantments [message #69175 is a reply to message #69172] Sun, 21 July 2013 22:59 Go to previous message

Retired
Sparrow wrote on Sun, 21 July 2013 15:54

Yes please. Tutorials. Every kind. I need them because I'm going to mod Skyrim and I have no idea how to yet. I know they use skinwrap instead of skin modifiers and they mod with the "creation kit" but that's all I know about Skyrim modding. And I hope fable modding is similar Razz

Meh. Skyrim has a vast community full of support and tutorials already out there, and it never hurts to have a developer that actually supports and encourages modding. The core fundamentals are the same, you change bits and bobs and things happen to the game. That's half the learning curve right there. You'll be fine.
Previous Topic: Error
Next Topic: HAIR REMOVAL, SON
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 15:39:18 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01294 seconds