Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Shadownet Registry Errors?
Shadownet Registry Errors? [message #69281] Wed, 07 August 2013 14:56 Go to next message
RLiddell is currently offline  RLiddell
I bought Fable:The Lost Chapters from the Steam Store recently, as i remember how much i loved it when i had it for xbox, and really wanted to mod it, mostly to reduce the effects of old age. My problem is, that every time i try to run Fable Explorer, it stops instantly with the standard "FableExplorer.exe has encountered..."
I have read threads with problems similar to mine, and tried fixes with no results. I changed the install location in the config.xml file, but have i done something wrong?

-->
- <FableExplorer>
- <ApplicationSettings>
<UseRegistry>FALSE</UseRegistry>
<RegistryPath>SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Microsoft Games\\Fable\\1.0</RegistryPath>
<InstallDirectory>C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fable The Lost Chapters\</InstallDirectory>
<InternalSplash>FALSE</InternalSplash>
<SplashFileName>Shadow Net.jpg</SplashFileName>
</ApplicationSettings>
</FableExplorer>

Any help would be appreciated, and sorry if a there is a fix in a place i haven't seen, but it feels like i have looked everywhere.
Re: Shadownet Registry Errors? [message #69285 is a reply to message #69281] Sat, 10 August 2013 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
volpe is currently offline  volpe
I just blindly edited the config.xml because it got an error when trying to open. I managed to get the program to start but haven't played around with it yet to see it the program totally works. But try this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<FableExplorer>
<ApplicationSettings>
<UseRegistry>FALSE</UseRegistry>
<InstallDirectory>C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Fable The Lost Chapters\</InstallDirectory>
<InternalSplash>FALSE</InternalSplash>
<SplashFileName>Shadow Net.jpg</SplashFileName>
</ApplicationSettings>
</FableExplorer>
Re: Shadownet Registry Errors? [message #69286 is a reply to message #69281] Sun, 11 August 2013 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still nothing, i have no experience with editing files like this, but so far i have tried several fixes on this forum and others, but still nothing works. Maybe it just doesn't like me =P
Re: Shadownet Registry Errors? [message #69292 is a reply to message #69286] Mon, 12 August 2013 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Aah, yes. Have you added the default registry keys for fable?

If not, I may have already or will post a registry file that should enable modding again.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Shadownet Registry Errors? [message #69295 is a reply to message #69281] Tue, 13 August 2013 01:35 Go to previous message
What exactly *is* a registry key? And where would i find them?
Previous Topic: Hero Bone Morphing Question...?
Next Topic: 2D Weapons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:37:45 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01650 seconds