Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Fable Explorer issue/questions
Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69369] Fri, 23 August 2013 20:18 Go to next message
Ardgon is currently offline  Ardgon
Hello, I am new to these forums and to the modding world. I just purchased Fable TLC on steam (Had Fable for xbox a long time ago but wanted it again) heard you can mod and that you need Fable Explorer to do this. Now I installed Fable Explorer.zip I ran it before I started the game for the first time and it opened up however there was nothing in the program, so I started Fable up but I did not go in game yet (Im not sure if I need to do that for this to work) but now when I try to open Fable explorer I get an error saying System.NullReferenceException Object reference not set to an instance of an object (dont know what that means) From: at FableExplorer.frmMain.Main()

If some one could please help me that would be great. Not sure if I need to go into the gameplay for this program to work. I am running windows 7 by the way and I have .net framework 4.
Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69370 is a reply to message #69369] Fri, 23 August 2013 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am assuming no one has a fix?
Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69371 is a reply to message #69369] Sat, 24 August 2013 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Never mind after doing some more forum research I found a shadownet version I had to tweek that because it was still giving me the same issue and I had to manually put the dx file in it. But if someone can give me some information on how to properly use FableExplorer that would be great.

Though it doesn't seems these forums are very active anymore.
Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69372 is a reply to message #69369] Sat, 24 August 2013 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
freddY^ is currently offline  freddY^

Have you got the DirectX and other stuff for the thing

And you should research more too sometimes

try looking here : http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=54108& amp;

maybe what johnde wrote could help btw i could never run fable explorer i was stuck like you but until i downloaded the http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6973& ;start=0&

In that suite I was able to use ShadowNet AND Chocolatebox Razz and btw you should search around... theres a lot of solutions

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4joovykn41qhkw3co1_500.gif
Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69373 is a reply to message #69369] Sat, 24 August 2013 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. Yeah my DirectX is 11 and I have net framework 4. Drivers are up to date to. So this one that you said helped you is that like an all in one FableExplorer? I read the link but how exactly does it work? Im new to the modding world and I have no idea what to do to mod games.
Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69374 is a reply to message #69373] Sat, 24 August 2013 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Bascially its a installer wizard which has a lot of applications Razz

but what i suggest you do is go watch morerunes youtube vid about installing fable explorer or the suite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxR1fuGAIbU

Toggle Spoiler

Also btw check this thread
your problem might be similar

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=66359& amp;

Your problem might be about directory

[Updated on: Sat, 24 August 2013 16:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69376 is a reply to message #69369] Sat, 24 August 2013 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just watched that video and wow that was somewhat confusing to me. If I just use Shadownet alone with no chocolate box and downloaded an object mod and added it to shadownet would I still get that mod in the game? Though this may be easy but from the person explaining it and showing it, it all seemed a little crazy. I wouldn't make mods I would just use them.

Sorry I am a really slow learner.
Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69377 is a reply to message #69376] Sun, 25 August 2013 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yeah basically there are mods out there loads and loasd - retextures and scripts,object and even more but if you want to know how to install mods to Shadownet (aka fable-explorer)

Basically download the desired mod anywhere

and then open up FE (shadownet)

after that on top left theres
> Load Fable Mod Package
> then it will load that mod to fable explorere but thats not it!

> Now you have to go to ACTIONS and make sure to click save mods and run fable!

Then try and check if its working in game

but i suggest you make BACKUPS!

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=7218& ;amp ;start=0&This is good for starting modding

[Updated on: Sun, 25 August 2013 09:21]

Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69393 is a reply to message #69369] Sun, 25 August 2013 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I may ask why "Backup"? In case I don't want the mod on anymore?
Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69397 is a reply to message #69393] Mon, 26 August 2013 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1. Yeah incase you don't want that mod anymore
2. Also because that mod is fucked up and doesn't work, it will start crashing your fable XD you probably wouldn't like that
3. Maybe you wouldn't wanna REINSTALL full fable again Surprised thats always a pain

Every modder should make backups Smile

Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69398 is a reply to message #69369] Mon, 26 August 2013 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So which would I back up for doing a no scar mod? I think I can actually do that manually in the Fable Explorer without downloading a mod. Are there certain files to backup?
Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69399 is a reply to message #69398] Mon, 26 August 2013 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ardgon wrote on Mon, 26 August 2013 11:06

So which would I back up for doing a no scar mod? I think I can actually do that manually in the Fable Explorer without downloading a mod. Are there certain files to backup?

Files to backup

Game.bin
Script.bin
Text.big
Textures.big
Graphics.big
Effects.big
FinalAlbion.wad

Downloading mods or doing them your self is pretty much same :/ one way or other they either change something or mess it up haha!
And yeah even if youre doing the scar mod you should make backups!

Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69400 is a reply to message #69369] Mon, 26 August 2013 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now when I backup files, and decide I don't want the mod anymore I restore the file and the mod is gone? Thanks for replying by the way.
Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69401 is a reply to message #69400] Mon, 26 August 2013 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes everything gets replaced (EVERYTHING) and lets say , you made several mods and backed up (AFTER MODDING and SAVING MODS) and then theres a corrupted mod, even after you restore, with that corrupted mod in the backup files will fuck up the game still.

Razz happy modding.

Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69403 is a reply to message #69369] Mon, 26 August 2013 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Right so in other words I should choose what mods I want and mod all at the same time this way when I backup nothing will get fucked, and everything will be mod free and just the way it was before mod. Am I right?

By the way this is totally off my own topic but your sig is that from an anime or did you make that?
Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69405 is a reply to message #69403] Mon, 26 August 2013 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Back up original files, before you mod any thing. Then after you add mods, and know they work, you can also back up the modded versions of those files.
Here is a quote from the link in my sig about back ups. The whole post may help you.
Quote:

BACK-UP OF MODDED GAME FILES:

Another thing I find helpful is to back-up the modded files that work. If you make changes to the files again you will have a copy of your latest modded files if Fable crashes after new changes.

Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69408 is a reply to message #69405] Tue, 27 August 2013 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

jwc2200 wrote on Mon, 26 August 2013 23:25

Back up original files, before you mod any thing. Then after you add mods, and know they work, you can also back up the modded versions of those files.
Here is a quote from the link in my sig about back ups. The whole post may help you.
Quote:

BACK-UP OF MODDED GAME FILES:

Another thing I find helpful is to back-up the modded files that work. If you make changes to the files again you will have a copy of your latest modded files if Fable crashes after new changes.

^This is perfect description!

Ardgon wrote on Mon, 26 August 2013 19:59

Right so in other words I should choose what mods I want and mod all at the same time this way when I backup nothing will get fucked, and everything will be mod free and just the way it was before mod. Am I right?

By the way this is totally off my own topic but your sig is that from an anime or did you make that?

Haha yeah its from anime called Hitman Reborn, and that guy in my sig is called Takeshi Yamamoto Razz you should give it a watch..

Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69409 is a reply to message #69369] Tue, 27 August 2013 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, I think I understand now. Key is to backup then mod or if a mod works back it up and mod again. The first mod I tried was the age/scar remove and it seemed to work but I didn't use it for full game just checked to see how it works by getting hit a lot and not having any scars. Though I didn't backup so I uninstalled shadownet and re-installed fable tlc because I was only in the beginning of the game. But I bet if I back up and restore I don't have to re-install game.

I will check out that anime!
Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69419 is a reply to message #69409] Wed, 28 August 2013 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes you should back up! It saves you from so much trouble

Goodluck Smile

Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69433 is a reply to message #69369] Thu, 29 August 2013 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry back again. So since I finished my first run of Fable TLC I now decided to mod however the only ones I can backup are the two .bin ones that you mentioned I cant backup the others. Also where do they back up to? And is there no way to back up the others that you mentioned?

Edit: Also say I were to delete Fable Explorer shadownet does that mean the mods will no longer be in my game?

[Updated on: Thu, 29 August 2013 12:10]

Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69434 is a reply to message #69369] Thu, 29 August 2013 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

As you can see mine have backed up successfully :/ idk why yours aren't backing up, btw the way to back up is Copy them and paste them some where you think its good to stay, as you can see i just couldnt be bothred so i put mine in document folder(DONT CUT THEM/COPY THEM)

If you delete fable explorer/shadownet it will not delete mods, the mods. FE/Shadownet are only modding tools you see those files i told you to baackup, FE uses them to open up and let you mod... If you delte FE yours mods stay, But if you delete those files then you could lose mods+Fable (unless you backed them up already)

[Updated on: Thu, 29 August 2013 13:07]

Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69435 is a reply to message #69369] Thu, 29 August 2013 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh so I an not supposed to right click "backup" I am supposed to copy them and put them somewhere safe? Okay, so then when I want to restore what would I do?

I can even copy the .big ones. I get, Recompile, Save changes as BIG, Merge BIG, and Close.

I am only really going to use one MOD and and would be this one
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=67049& amp;

I don't think that would really cause much harm.

I thought modding was easy lol, to just use mods there is some crazy work. Or is it just the way to mod Fable.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 August 2013 13:31]

Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69439 is a reply to message #69435] Thu, 29 August 2013 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yeah pretty much, and to restore them back, copy the the working (backs ups) and paste them back in data folder where the belong one by one

Yeah that is easiest mod lol but you sometimes easy arre the hardest lol

Yep its fable, the modding for fable is harder then some other ones ....

Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69441 is a reply to message #69369] Thu, 29 August 2013 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I figured out how to do it with the mod I linked. Good thing I backedup though because I had a save issue with the first one I restored and had to use the alt one the person had linked, now it is all good. My character is not so full of scars anymore!! Gonna start a whole new game.
Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69444 is a reply to message #69441] Fri, 30 August 2013 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Nice! Smile

Btw awesome thing for me to tell you.

Recently i fucked up my fable too. o.o it was crashing when i started the save game, i was so angry and shit but then i used back ups BAAAM! it started working again like a charm!

Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69465 is a reply to message #69369] Sun, 01 September 2013 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quick question. The no age and scar mod, that does not effect my hero growing big from getting the health skills right? Like the shoulder width and stuff?
Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69466 is a reply to message #69465] Mon, 02 September 2013 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Nope it just changes facial effects i think not growth, for the growth its different mod called something like "Less Muscular hero"

Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69467 is a reply to message #69369] Mon, 02 September 2013 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay. Just making sure because I want hero growth. Just right now I have 4 health but it doesn't seem like my hero grew much. Maybe I have to go further in the game.
Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69468 is a reply to message #69467] Mon, 02 September 2013 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yeah i think you have to get more toughness and physicals or i dunno im maxed out and mine is like buffed

Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69469 is a reply to message #69369] Mon, 02 September 2013 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah probably right. I get annoyed though because when I get to whichwood and try the sword in stone I never get it on first try even though I have almost maxed strength stats. Right now I have 4 phys, 4 or 5 health, and 3 tough. and I am doing twinblade quest.
Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69470 is a reply to message #69469] Mon, 02 September 2013 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Alright good luck Smile

Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69471 is a reply to message #69469] Mon, 02 September 2013 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Ardgon wrote on Mon, 02 September 2013 14:31

Yeah probably right. I get annoyed though because when I get to whichwood and try the sword in stone I never get it on first try even though I have almost maxed strength stats. Right now I have 4 phys, 4 or 5 health, and 3 tough. and I am doing twinblade quest.

You have to go to Witchwood and click on the person to start the quest, then attempt to pull the sword(MUST DO THIS PART). Then you need to upgrade your stats like this:
Physique 5 levels
Health 2 levels
Toughness 3 levels.
Those levels aren't the level to be at, but the number of levels you need to add from the time you activated the quest.
Or be at the top level of all.

Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69472 is a reply to message #69369] Mon, 02 September 2013 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that is stupid and I am not sure why they did that. By the time I get my stats max it will be after that and I will have a better weapon. I really cant see myself going through the game up to that point without putting anything in strength.
Re: Fable Explorer issue/questions [message #69632 is a reply to message #69369] Wed, 23 October 2013 04:37 Go to previous message
ffflyaway is currently offline  ffflyaway
I figured out how to do it with the mod I linked.

Next Topic: how to return default eyes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:04:25 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01227 seconds