Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Objects » The Glaive of Despair
The Glaive of Despair [message #62253] Mon, 11 April 2011 13:09 Go to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

What do you think of the model for this?[ 23 votes ]
1. AWESOME!!!!! 10 / 43%
2. Excellent 3 / 13%
3. Good 6 / 26%
4. Meh 3 / 13%
5. Uhh, it kinda sucks. 0 / 0%
6. It sucks. Period. 0 / 0%
7. It sucks donkey balls. 1 / 4%

This mod creates a new object titled, "The Glaive of Despair".
weapon stats

Description.WARNING:LARGE TEXT BLOCK!

Enjoy! Very Happy

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2011 16:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The Glaive of Despair [message #62255 is a reply to message #62253] Mon, 11 April 2011 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
First of all, let me say I like this weapon, and the others you've made.

I start with that because, even though the models aren't bad, they can definitely use some improvement.

That being said, the use of existing (right?) textures make's it look that much better.

Good work, keep it up Wink

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9329/newim.gif http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4678/rulesq.gif
Re: The Glaive of Despair [message #62260 is a reply to message #62255] Mon, 11 April 2011 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soric is currently offline  Soric
I think it looks totally wicked but, it would be better if it had more of a metallic look to it.
Re: The Glaive of Despair [message #62270 is a reply to message #62260] Tue, 12 April 2011 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The New Fabled Ravrn wrote on Mon, 11 April 2011 20:01

First of all, let me say I like this weapon, and the others you've made.

I start with that because, even though the models aren't bad, they can definitely use some improvement.

That being said, the use of existing (right?) textures make's it look that much better.

Good work, keep it up Wink

Thanks. And yes I did use existing textures, this is just a heavily edited longsword. Very Happy
Soric wrote on Mon, 11 April 2011 22:43

I think it looks totally wicked but, it would be better if it had more of a metallic look to it.

I did have a metallic look to it at first, but it dampened the coloring and was overly reflective. Confused

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: The Glaive of Despair [message #62334 is a reply to message #62253] Thu, 14 April 2011 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

This is good but like your other models they seem a bit to big and disproportionate.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: The Glaive of Despair [message #62337 is a reply to message #62334] Thu, 14 April 2011 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well I made it big so it'd fit the two hand weapon animations, and as for the disproportionate, with time and practice I'll get better. Very Happy

Re: The Glaive of Despair [message #62371 is a reply to message #62337] Thu, 14 April 2011 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Not to mention that it's hard to model for Fable anyway. Everything's disproportionate. Making a weapon that looks just right means taking the perfect mesh and warping it, twisting it, bending it, scaling it, shifting it, resizing it, and when it's finally appropriate for Fable it ends up looking like ass unless you did it all just right.
Re: The Glaive of Despair [message #62383 is a reply to message #62371] Fri, 15 April 2011 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Nice. I like the red part. It's a nice touch.

Are you shpongled?
Re: The Glaive of Despair [message #62387 is a reply to message #62383] Fri, 15 April 2011 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks. The inscriptions would be longer, but I edited the steel longsword texture to use for this. Very Happy

Re: The Glaive of Despair [message #62394 is a reply to message #62387] Fri, 15 April 2011 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
looks really cool...although shortening the guards would probably improve the appearance

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Re: The Glaive of Despair [message #62401 is a reply to message #62394] Sat, 16 April 2011 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks. As for shortening the "guards", or the tang as that part of the sword is properly called, I tried to shorten them after giving them the shape I wanted, but in doing that I wouldn't have been able to get the proper shape back. Confused

Re: The Glaive of Despair [message #62430 is a reply to message #62401] Sun, 17 April 2011 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
thats not the tang...tang is the part of the blae that extends into the handle

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Re: The Glaive of Despair [message #62432 is a reply to message #62430] Sun, 17 April 2011 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nosferatu is currently offline  Nosferatu

May i try to retexture that?

i know its been a while sins i was around here, but fable 3 is comming up on 17 may this year and im really curious about what you guys can do with it, so ill be sticking around here for now, doing some retextures and things i can.

now i have to go, have alot of unread topics i have to read.

Nosferatu.

Pain, Anger, Hate, Fear, Chaos, Darkness, Evil, Hell.

The Gates Are Open:

Gate 1: Darkness, The World Of Demons.
Gate 2: My Gaurds Are Watching You.
Gate 3: Only Evils Lives Here.
Gate 4: There's No Way Out.
Gate 5: Feel The Fire.
Gate 6: Pick Up Your Weapons And Fight.
Re: The Glaive of Despair [message #62525 is a reply to message #62432] Fri, 22 April 2011 07:44 Go to previous message

Nosferatu wrote on Sun, 17 April 2011 19:10

May i try to retexture that?

Go right ahead. Wink

Previous Topic: Project MS Paint:Jack's Sword
Next Topic: The Dynasty Cutlass
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:44:51 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01096 seconds