Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Harnesh The Power of Shadownet (A Challenge Thread)
Re: Harnesh The Power of Shadownet (A Challenge Thread) [message #40155 is a reply to message #40016] Fri, 18 April 2008 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Shadow_Net is currently offline  Shadow_Net
First I'd like to thank John Doe for pointing out a few important variables in script.bin I used along with this exe modification. What I decided to do was to modify the Fisticuffs script. I changed the people and the faction they belonged to. I then changed the TNGs around that dumped the Bandits into Bowerstone and mainly right in front of the tavern area.

First in script.bin I changed the start and end time to around 8:30 am - 10:30 am. I enlarged the ring radius (not enough in the video) and increased the timeout. I then laid down the markers to get bandits around the exits and replaced Tyler with another class of bandits and had him go into the tavern and wait on you. If you fight the bandits they will go away and leave the town alone. If you watch the video you'll see that level 3 bandits raid the town and you only fight level 1 bandits. Well besides Tyler, who is a level 2. I only did this because the guards can kill a raiding level 1 to easily and level 3 are hard fighting by hand. This is of course the first fisticuffs level so it shouldn't be that difficult.

Anyhow lets go through the exe modifications.
.text:00E8491F loc_E8491F:                             ; DATA XREF: .text:off_E84968o
.text:00E8491F                 push    0FFFFFFFFh      ; jumptable 00E84918 case 1
.text:00E84921                 push    offset aCreature_bs_fi ; "CREATURE_BS_FISTICUFFS_MEMBER"
.text:00E84926                 jmp     short loc_E8494A

These are the people who will rush into town. Not the people who you'll fight against. I'm using this in place of the above creature.
.rdata:012E2BB0 aCreature_ban_7 db 'CREATURE_BANDIT_LEADER_LEVEL3',0

Then you need to replace the "Champion" aka Tyler (Fight Club reference) as referred to by Fable.
.text:00E849BF loc_E849BF:                             ; DATA XREF: .text:off_E84A08o
.text:00E849BF                 push    0FFFFFFFFh      ; jumptable 00E849B8 case 1
.text:00E849C1                 push    offset aCreature_bs_pu ; "CREATURE_BS_PUNCH_CLUB_CHAMPION_01"
.text:00E849C6                 jmp     short loc_E849EA

In place of the push "CREATURE_BS_PUNCH_CLUB_CHAMPION_01" I'm calling
.rdata:012DEEA8 aCreature_bandi db 'CREATURE_BANDIT_GRUNT_LEVEL2',0

I know a level 2 while the others are level 3. Well the guards won't attack this one because he is not an enemy. If he were you could not ask him to fight. Remember you do not fight the level 3 bandits.

This is all worthless unless you make them your enemy. So:
.text:00E83B27                 push    offset aFaction_neut_0 ; "FACTION_NEUTRAL"

I replaced neutral with:
.rdata:0125FE68 aFaction_bandit db 'FACTION_BANDITS',0  ; DATA XREF: sub_6DEEE0+252o

Now if you wanted to (I wouldn't do this as it breaks the fisticuffs stuff) you can change the Fisticuffs champion's faction.
.text:00E8372E                 push    offset aFaction_neut_0 ; "FACTION_NEUTRAL"
With the same as I did above would work.

Now you'll need to change the people who you are to fight against. locate:
.text:00E8A2BE                 push    offset aCreature_bs__6 ; "CREATURE_BS_FISTICUFFS_FIGHTER_01"
.text:00E8A2C3                 lea     ecx, [esp+0CCh+var_8C]
.text:00E8A2C7                 call    sub_99EBF0
.text:00E8A2CC                 push    0FFFFFFFFh
.text:00E8A2CE                 push    offset aCreature_bs__7 ; "CREATURE_BS_FISTICUFFS_FIGHTER_02"
.text:00E8A2D3                 lea     ecx, [esp+0CCh+var_88]
.text:00E8A2D7                 call    sub_99EBF0
.text:00E8A2DC                 push    0FFFFFFFFh
.text:00E8A2DE                 push    offset aCreature_bs__8 ; "CREATURE_BS_FISTICUFFS_FIGHTER_03"
.text:00E8A2E3                 lea     ecx, [esp+0CCh+var_84]
.text:00E8A2E7                 call    sub_99EBF0
.text:00E8A2EC                 push    0FFFFFFFFh
.text:00E8A2EE                 push    offset aCreature_bs__9 ; "CREATURE_BS_FISTICUFFS_FIGHTER_04"
.text:00E8A2F3                 lea     ecx, [esp+0CCh+var_80]
.text:00E8A2F7                 call    sub_99EBF0
.text:00E8A2FC                 push    0FFFFFFFFh
.text:00E8A2FE                 push    offset aCreature_bs_10 ; "CREATURE_BS_FISTICUFFS_FIGHTER_05"

Now for each "push offset aCreature_bs__" I'm calling a level 1 bandit as I said before.
.rdata:012E5634 aCreature_ban_8 db 'CREATURE_BANDIT_GRUNT_LEVEL1',0

That is it you did enough to have raiding bandits. I had a lot of fun with this one. So much I plan on doing the rest of the towns and maybe actually releasing something out of it. I plan on the future of changing some of the other fisticuffs stuff, like them cheering or their speech itself. I also am curious on some of the idle stuff so they don't look dumb when they aren't busy killing your town.

I've included a brief youtube video that shows what I did. You'll see that the bandits still fight each other like the fisticuffs did. I liked it that way as it kept the bandits moving through the town and gave them something to do. Very Happy

Cheers,

I'll pose the same challenges (hit the spoiler tag to see them again) as before as I am feeling a bit lazy and I don't think anyone is going to seriously participate in this.
Toggle Spoiler

Thanks for the video upload Silver,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6J4cY1htlc

[Updated on: Fri, 18 April 2008 02:03]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fable History
Next Topic: Question about Making new weapons