Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Whisper Bodyguard
Whisper Bodyguard [message #23238] Fri, 03 August 2007 12:30 Go to previous message
fledermaus is currently offline  fledermaus
This is a beta of my Whisper Companion mod. She must be hired like a bodyguard (she costs the same as a cheap henchman). She follows, fights, and teleports with the player. She uses her own voice dialogue, comments on other henchman (they don't comment on her), and villagers make comments about her. She's tough but can die.

She isn't placed in game, and must be spawned with:
DefinitionType "CREATURE_RIVAL_HERO_WHISPER_COMPANION";
ScriptName BodyGuard;
ScriptData "_Whisper";
ThingGamePersistent TRUE;
ThingLevelPersistent TRUE;
OverridingBrainName BRAIN_BODY_GUARD;

She is functional, but not complete. I'm releasing this in order to test and get the feedback and information I'll need to finish her. I've never released a mod before so I'm learning as I go.

To Do:
-Refine and expand her dialogue.
-Get her to use her potion attacks and Assassin Rush.
-Place her somewhere the player won't be able to visit until after the fight with Thunder.
-Get her to respawn like a bodyguard (it would be cool if I could change her death effect to teleportation if I get this working).
-Maybe some stuff I forgot.

I have problems with doubling in my game. Whenever you return to the level she spawns in, another copy of her is created. I don't know if this is inherent to my mod, or is due to her being added to an existing game. It happens with other custom NPCs I use so I don't think its inherent to her.

I probably won't be able to do much with her for a few days, but next week I will have a lot of free time to hopefully finish her, so if anyone is able to test her and leave some feedback it would be helpful and much appreciated.

[Updated on: Sat, 04 August 2007 23:07]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: a fully bandit mod (99%)
Next Topic: Keshire Cleaver
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 01:33:17 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01311 seconds