Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Site development?
icon11.gif  Site development? [message #23585] Wed, 08 August 2007 20:16 Go to previous message
RightNut is currently offline  RightNut
I have been crusing around the site (I honestly have nothing better to do right now) and I was wondering If the admin's were planning on adding anything new to the site. Now don’t get me wrong Ill be the first to tell you that it is a lot easier to tell some one to do something than to do it your self. But, I have an Idea for a tool on the site that may help a lot of admin's problems. I am (of course) talking about The Smartness rating. Honestly its not my Idea (mine tend to suck) But it is a good one. It's implemented on the facepunch forums (that’s where I found it). basically it rates everyone’s smartness on a scale determined by the admins. It sets limitations depending on your smartness I.e. to create a thread you must have a smartness of +7. It works by adding smartness for every post and reduces it for poor grammar etc. I find that It prevents idiots who type in all caps and spam threads of people creating accounts just ask a question that can be found by searching.[wow if you have read this far I congratulate you]. but this is my opinion and it looks like it could be a lot of work but it keeps the forum clean. Razz also how about some different themes. If you can't change the site, oh well. this is just my 2 cents, thanks for letting me waste a small portion of your life. Very Happy leave any comments Ideas for site improvement. Razz I’m sure the admins of this web page will enjoy our ideas... Razz

(edit: did't realise this utill after I created this that there might alredy be somthing dedicated for this. sorry if I screwed this up. move it if you have to butI couldn't fine anything like this already. but then again I didn't look to hard [I'm working on the whole lasy b*stared thing])

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7435/signitureta9.png

[Updated on: Wed, 08 August 2007 20:44]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon11.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message