Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Outfit - Modification of Guard Uniform
Outfit - Modification of Guard Uniform [message #56466] Fri, 19 March 2010 03:11 Go to previous message
Dorian Saignren
The following was written mainly for roleplaying purposes, and the outfit was designed to be a plausible modification of the existing Guard outfit without breaking the balance (too much Razz) and at the same time allowing this outfit to have a real role in the roleplay storyline and world. It uses rules from the game in a sense, and I've referenced the game in most aspects of it's design. Though the values are for the most part guesstimated based on the values of the Guard outfit and the Dark Leather outfit, they were approved for use in the roleplay by someone who is honestly a little too anal of a mod in my opinion. Anyway, on to the project.

It's basically a recoloring and value change of the main Guard outfit with one alteration. Instead of the Guard gloves for the base of the outfit's gloves, I wanted to use the Bandit gloves for the base. The issue with this is coming to gameplay aspect. I wanted to be able to eventually incorporate this into the real game if possible, not just as individual pieces though, but a whole outfit. I'm sure it's possible, but due to my inexperience with modding period (let alone this particular game) I wasn't sure how difficult it would be.

When I eventually get around to it, I'll be studying various guides and methods for incorporating mods into the game, but for now I'm simply working on getting the game downloaded in the first place and working on my laptop (I last played the game on XBOX, and I wanted to play on PC for a while now).

Anyway, I apologize for my little dissertation, on to the description.

============================================================ ===========

Drifter Guard Uniform

Armour Rating: 624
Parts: 5
Price: 2147
Attractiveness: -23
Scariness: +23
Alignment Modifier: 0

Text: Traditionally worn by Guards who are not bound to one area or service for whatever reason. Offers greater protection than other Guard suits.

------------------------------------------------------------ -----------

Appearance: Similar to the Guard Uniform except for a few differences, see individual pieces for more.

Drifter Guard Hat

Armor Rating: 61
Price: 215
Attractiveness: 0
Scariness: 0

Text: A sturdy hat worn by wandering Guards.

Appearance: The hat is the same except it's one solid gray. (just change the red on the back flap to the same gray as the rest of the hat)

Drifter Guard Gloves

Armor Rating: 61
Price: 215
Attractiveness: -7
Scariness: +7

Text: Sturdy fingerless gloves for wandering Guards that allow for a stronger grip on weapons.

Appearance: The gloves look closer to Bandit Gloves than the Guard Gloves, and is again gray. (just change Bandit Gloves from brown to gray to match the rest of the outfit)

Drifter Guard Shirt

Armor Rating: 252
Price: 859

Text: A sturdy shirt for wandering Guards.

Appearance: The shirt is the same except it's one solid gray and has a mask similar to the Assassin and Fire Assassin outfits. (change the collar to the same gray, and the shoulder trimmings, get rid of the tan-ish bars on the shoulders, and finally change the gold trimming on the sides of the shirt to gray)

Drifter Guard Trousers

Armor Rating: 751
Price: 385

Text: Sturdy trousers for wandering Guards.

Appearance: The pants are the same except it's solid gray and the belt is black. (change the belt from brown to black, the gold trimming on the skirt to gray, and the red trimming at the ankles to gray)

Drifter Guard Boots

Armor Rating: 31
Price: 107
Attractiveness: -2
Scariness: +2

Text: Sturdy boots for wandering Guards.

Appearance: The boots look more like the Dark Leather boots without the spikes, and solid color. (the issue with the Guard Boots is that they're too light and almost look blue, so just darken them, change the red stripe to match the color, and get rid of the design on the plate so it's smooth metal and that'd be great)

And that's it. Thankyou for the time you spent reading this, whether you gave up on it early, skimmed it, or read it all. And if you decide to actually make this, thankyou in advance for your time and effort. Goddess bless.

UPDATE: Here are images of the outfits mentioned as reference/base, links show them separate, while the uploaded image has them in one image.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090228040317/fable/i mages/6/67/Guard_Uniform.jpg
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090228040315/fable/i mages/f/f7/Bandit_Outfit.jpg
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090228040243/fable/i mages/c/c5/Dark_Leather_Suit.jpg

"If you are a dreamer, come in.
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean buyer.
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire,
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein

[Updated on: Fri, 19 March 2010 05:27]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message