Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Problems Running Fable Explorer on XP.
Problems Running Fable Explorer on XP. [message #64277] Mon, 08 August 2011 03:29 Go to previous message
Sketchy77 is currently offline  Sketchy77
Hello, I am new to the forums, first post actually.

I just downloaded Fable Explorer, and after opening it, it just freezes on the picture with the heroes (you know the one) and I can't do anything.

I am running on XP, and I DID read the Common Problems and Solutions post, which told me that if not running on Vista or 7, that I should un-flag "read only" on my files. Assuming you mean access file properties and unflag it there, I went to do that only for it to be already unflagged.

I have both DirectX 9.0C and .Net Framework 2.0 installed, which I made sure of. Yet the Explorer still freezes at startup.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for any inconvenience if this problem has already been resolved. I hope I was specific enough.

Moderator says----EDIT instead of double post:
Also, I edited my registry like JohnDoe explained in one thread, yet it continues to "freeze" (I know it has an error message behind it).

I edited SetupPath to display the directory Fable is in.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 August 2011 06:32] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Albion Explorer error message, assistance required
Next Topic: albion explorer keeps freezing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 15:24:49 PDT 2024