Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Fable Explorer Problems
icon9.gif  Fable Explorer Problems [message #67593] Fri, 16 November 2012 11:18 Go to previous message
Michmat is currently offline  Michmat
I honestly don't know how to start this, so I will start with my questions, then give any helpful info I can. I know I will sound really n00by, but I am actually familiar with Fable Explorer, the problem is I now own a steam copy, and my original copies disk is broken. So, As I just stated, I have it through steam, so my fable path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\fable the lost chapters" Well, I've installed the Direct X9, c++1 2005 and 8, both netframework 2.0 and 3.5 and it still doesn't work. I have windows 7 64 bit, I was reading this thread http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1330 and saw how it mentioned you need a certain file path to work. So, I made an entire copy of Fable and put it in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters" and it still didn't work, well after that (I know this is a pain to read, sorry but I've spent 5 hours working on this and have gotten no where, this is my last resort)I read that the .xml needed to be in the same path location as the fable .exe, so I added that and fable explorer, tried it in both steam and the second location location... it still gives the error "System.NullReferenceException, Object reference not set to an instance of an object From: at FableExplorer.frmMainMain()"
If it helps, last night before I installed all the stuff it suggested, and before I made that extra copy of fable into the second path I listed, it actually ran normally. So, please, any advice, or where to EXACTLY install it (to copy and paste) for Fable Explorer to work, or just advice/thoughts would be great. Thanks for reading, and I will be checking back alot for answers. I know right now I'm being a pain, but once I can get this thing to run Rolling Eyes I can start working, maybe even post some how-to's if they haven't been done. I know this is basic enough to be banned, but I promise I really have tried everything I could think of, before posting in this forum. Thanks for being patient and trying to help, if anyone does.

Read Message icon9.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fable TLC Anniversary?
Next Topic: Help with controller mapping!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 19:44:58 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01210 seconds