Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Development » Tools » FableX Model Preparer
FableX Model Preparer [message #67936] Wed, 20 March 2013 20:44 Go to previous message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Hey everybody. I wrote a little tool to take directX mesh files exported from Blender and prepare them for importing into FableExplorer or ChocolateBox and avoid all this mess.

To use it, follow this tutorial. Once you get to the part where you open the file in notepad, skip all that and instead run it through this program.

You'll need to use the command line, but if that makes you squeamish then I've given you a .bat file that will do it for you. If you use the .bat file, just name your .x file "input.x" and put it in the folder with that stuff.

It'll tell you how to use it once you run it, but the gist is just open a command prompt, navigate to where FableX.jar is, then type "java -jar FableX.jar <input file> <output file>", replacing "<input file>" with your file name, and "<output file>" with the name of a file that doesn't exist yet. If you don't have java installed properly it probably won't work.

This comes packaged with an updated version of SwordTemplate.blend

TL/DR - Download the zip, extract it. Use template.blend to match up your model and export as directX, then use that as the input file for FableX.

Consider this a release candidate, but watch your new lines. I didn't write a full .x file parser, and I'm not using a library. So as long as you don't screw with the input file it should work just fine, but let me know if you get weird results. The output is not pretty, but it gets the job done. I may still update it.
  • Attachment: FableX.zip
    (Size: 229.25KB, Downloaded 795 times)

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Wed, 20 March 2013 20:57]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message