Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Issue (seemingly) caused by making creature renown 0
Issue (seemingly) caused by making creature renown 0 [message #68927] Sat, 29 June 2013 18:39 Go to previous message
A Fable Fan is currently offline  A Fable Fan
Ever since the original Fable came out for XBOX, I have been bothered by the fact that one could reach "Legendary Status" before reaching The Arena. I felt that this was caused by one's ability to use the "hero save cheat" or otherwise killing creatures redundantly. So I double checked that quest indeed give separate renown rewards, then I listed every "Creature" entry and the corresponding "Ccreaturedef", and "Renown Worth" (everything from 1109 to 5137 inclusive). Then I changed the symbol name for each "Ccreaturedef," as well as "Renown Worth" to 0 (zero). I did this in increments of 10 entries at a time at which point, I "saved mods and [ran] fable" to ensure fable worked. It did work for an existing save, but when I tried to start a new game, Fable crashed. Additional changes, which are confirmed not to be the culprit(s), are:
Edit 2.0
Added Bastard Swords (iron, steel, obsidian, and master). Added Warlord's Polearm w/ fix. Renamed title names and symbol names and adjusted item descriptions.
Edit 2.1
Separated crossbow and pumpaction crossbow bolts and adjust damage for weapons
Edit 3.0
Redistributed weapon grades among vendors & traders, while adding Bastard Swords, Pumpaction Crossbows, and legendary weapons "Warlord Polearm" and "The Harvester" to Arena Vendor and KHG Archery Competition respectively.
Edit 3.1
Changed "renown needed per level" to the following:
230 vs. 500
3380 vs. 1000
4130 vs. 1500
7980 vs. 2500
10130 vs. 4500
17880 vs. 7500
29500 vs. 10000

Questions: Do I have to create a new game before running the .bin file with renown changes? Is/are there particular entries (identifying them by number would help most) that should remain unchanged at all costs? Is this a ridiculous task that I should abandon because A)its not worth the 9 hours spent doing it, or B)someone else already created a .fmp that accomplishes this? Or is there anything else that you would like to say to advise/discourage me?

Thank you for your time.

King of the NOOBS
Assuming, the position is awarded based on degree of newbishness.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Finding the Right Defs....
Next Topic: Aging decrease
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:18:20 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00900 seconds