Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Re: FableExplorer - ShadowNet Builds
Re: FableExplorer - ShadowNet Builds [message #70245] Thu, 03 April 2014 23:16 Go to previous message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
(I cannot post in locked threads, so I made this one.)

Keshire

A lot of people don't know about this, but you can extract animations using this version of FE. I might have mentioned it before.

Open your model in FE, and then drag an animation entry onto the model. When you export the mesh, the animation will be exported with it.

Import is not supported.

Having limited success with this. The animation exports just fine, but import into 3DS is tossing crashes. I have been investigating some wizardry to help get the animation into a scene, and it seems I get slightly further in the import process when I remove the mesh from the file prior to import to 3DS, but still get a crash. I'll look into it more to see what I can come up with.

Any advice would be appreciated.

asmcint

I knew you could view them, didn't know about exporting. Would it be possible to add some level of import support?(rhyme unintentional)

Short version, probably not. You need the formats (check), the source to FE (check, I think), and a coder (don't look at me) to write up import/export for it.

That's all assuming we find practical and functional ways of editing the data. Taking it out and putting it back in unchanged doesn't serve much purpose. Wink

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Batch entry editing
Next Topic: Create a new hero title?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:35:30 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01263 seconds