Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Gift of youth @ Avo's Temple
Re: Gift of youth @ Avo's Temple [message #70277 is a reply to message #70275] Tue, 08 April 2014 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
LittleV wrote on Tue, 08 April 2014 18:38

I wanna bump this up so as to not create something new. I'm thinking about this problem of age... There's a function for it, right? An 8 digit controler do add and subtract age, like fatness, experience, day/night cycles, etc. There has to be, since it's one of the rewards at the Temples.

So how difficult would it be to put that property into an item. Lke there is an Age of Wisdom potion, and a Moonfish, etc.. There should also be a rejuvenation Tofu, and a Draining Chick, I guess...

Do any of the greats have any idea of how to pursue this? If you could give us some pointers, we might try this out.

Pillowtalk,

V

Can't be done. Recently talked about this over on the LH forums, and I'm sure I shattered a dream or two in the process. Link.

The raw deal is that there are limits to what an item can do. Those limits depend on the type of item. Armor is limited by the CAppearanceModifierDef and ARMOUR entries, and can do stuff like alter armor ratings (obviously) and change alignment, scariness, attractiveness. Weapons can do, well, nothing bearing weight in this discussion.

Consumables is where the real money is at. Those are things like potions and food items, and they are governed by the CBonusItemDef. There, you can make an item do a number of things to the player, but nothing in there will alter age.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message