Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Gift of youth @ Avo's Temple
Re: Gift of youth @ Avo's Temple [message #70288 is a reply to message #70287] Wed, 09 April 2014 07:44 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
LittleV wrote on Wed, 09 April 2014 09:35

It's looking exciting. Wish I knew how to help. I'm gonna go ahead and think of myself as the muse for this one.

LOL, No. It's the opposite. We're the muses.

This is all basic stuff, and a good learning experience. Create or hijack a villager, object, or expression and change the script entry in the game.bin. If you create an object make sure you attach the CActivateQuestDef to it.

Then get it in game. Add the villager via TNG, add the expression if you don't have it already. Add the object to a chest or something. Talk to the NPC, use the expression, use the object. I don't know.

Personally, I'd throw the CActivateQuestDef onto a consumable. It'd be like a prayer coin or rosary bead or something.

If after all this it does nothing. Then we're missing something and we'll need to look a little harder at what this quest is doing.

LittleV wrote on Wed, 09 April 2014 09:35

Another one: isn't the text we receive on the text boxes attached to text.bin? In which casw, couldn't I change what it says when you activate the well? (In order to make it a little more story friendly, is what I'm thinking).

Yes. Smile

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 April 2014 07:48]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message