Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Development » Tools » WIP Updating the def.xml
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70167 is a reply to message #70163] Fri, 28 March 2014 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
xxNick wrote on Thu, 27 March 2014 21:35

This thread made me register. Last time I was here was as a leech back in 2006 and possibilities were extremely limited back then. Now. Now we're talking. Updated def.xml, extremely useful.
I have a small group of contacts who, along with myself, are semi-proficient at poking around with file formats as well as stuff of this nature. We're not pros or experts by a long shot, but we'd be happy to lend a hand where ever we can. Let me know what we can do. Smile

Post edit - now I see why they call it unicode hell. Yep, not sure what you can do about that one except add a unicode datatype to FE. A double-null terminated unicode string. Since there's nothing to define string length, or offset of the next control. Short of that, you could use the already existing datatypes to create a hackish "one size fits the lion's share of entries" sort of thing... but then I suppose that's already being done, entries with no text work just fine. XD

Who are the coders in this joint? I know there can't be many, programmers and coders for projects of this nature are in high demand and short supply these days.

Yep, those unicode entries came up near the end of when Hunter was writing Fable Explorer and never made it in. So right now any def that uses them are broken. As far as coders go, I'm not sure. I switched over to mostly lurker mode and occasionally pop in when I see something interesting.

The same goes for the Fable 3 side. But if you want to have a go at coming in and rounding off some of the code and cleaning things up, have at it. There's still some activity here.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: ATTENTION - Rules on posting.
Next Topic: AlbionExplorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:36:12 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01135 seconds