Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion)
xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion) [message #70175] Fri, 28 March 2014 19:27 Go to previous message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
Goals
Remove completely all manner of gain in any way: experience, items, and gold via quest/script rewards, death drops, or freebies in chests and the like. No experience or alignment change on item use (crunchy chick/tofu, red meat/fish, etc.) No combat multiplier. No general experience.

Rebalance in every aspect: armor ratings, weapon ratings, weaknesses and resistances, weapon augmentations, spells and ability upgrade costs.

Normalize and tweak:
personalization - hair styles, tattoos, and armors will not provide any scariness, attractiveness, agreeableness or alignment modification.
market - No more shop exploit. Make stealing more difficult. Remove all items from shop stocks. Tweak price of various goods.

New content:
Trophies;
Farmable trade goods;
Potions;
Armors and weapons;
Enemies;
Heroes;
More that I can't think of right now.

Reimplementation: This is the real meat of the planned mod.

Market - reimplement items into shop stocks in a balanced manner, the goal in mind being to prevent access to items that would allow players to easily coast through the game. Integrate more items into the "wanted" category to allow a means of making money off of shopkeepers.

Weapons - no free weapons. Iron/steel/yew/oak available in most shops. Obsidian/ebony available in silver key chests, demon doors, quest rewards. Master weapons become unique, must be stolen or killed for, or sparsely available in silver key chests, demon doors, quest rewards. Legendary weapons must be taken off of dead hero-classed enemies.

Armor - no free armor. Clothing "armor" can be purchased in most shops. Lower class armors available for purchase from smiths. Higher tier armors can be obtained through silver key chests, demon doors, quest rewards. Certain specialty armors must be acquired by killing heroes.

Style cards - Not sure yet. I don't see the point of limiting access to style cards and tattoos. Personalizing the hero shouldn't be a reward. I think what I'll do is do away with the card system altogether, and just have barbers and tattooists have all styles available.

Books - Also not sure. I've removed all the books from the game. The only time they're needed is for the book collection quest. I can make the books freely available and nerf the rewards for the quest. I'm also looking into adding books that add various effects. Maybe, book dealer?

Quest changes:
Make minor side quests happen differently, some with changed aspects, some in different areas. Idea being to restrict access to useful items until a more appropriate time.

And more stuff that I can't remember off the top of my head.

How you can help!
I come up with ideas but I'm not a fountain of creativity. If anyone has a thought that might fit into the scope of this mod, by god I'd love to hear it. It's depressing how little input I get on actual thoughts for the mod.
Every now and then I come up with a problem with multiple solutions. I need input on which one is best. For example, right now, the handling of books.

This mod is constantly being worked on and I regularly check these and all other Fable forums several times a day. Best way to contact me: This thread. Leave a post with anything you have on your mind.

[Updated on: Sat, 12 April 2014 21:42]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: textures.big
Next Topic: Has anyone looked at the Anniversary Edition?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:27:28 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01082 seconds