Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion)
Re: xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion) [message #70177 is a reply to message #70176] Fri, 28 March 2014 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
Oh, yea these things are all mostly easy to do, if time consuming. Already diked out the skittle treasures from the tng scripts, I'll have to figure out how to reimplement some stuff like the sword in the stone, it looks to be possible to transplant it into another map. Moving those cameras around is going to be a pain in the ass though. And boasting is done in the script def, which mean testing requires a new profile each cycle, lovely.

The idea is to take advantage of the systems already in place to lengthen a linear game. Two ways to make a game longer, add content and slow progression. Since we can't add quests, the goal is to slow progression but keep it at a playable, enjoyable pace with a steady difficulty curve, as opposed to somewhere between free ride and suffocating on all the treasure you have. The game can also be lengthened by adding various distractions, I have ideas for some of that but that's outside the scope of this discussion.

I just need help finding out where to put that difficulty curve and what pace the progression should be. I don't want the game to be a grind, but I also don't want it to be without challenge. Still, either would be better than where it's at now.

It just boggles my mind, how they can create a game with all these great systems in place, and then not use them. Or not use them enough, or jack the variables such that they can be abused so terribly (shop exploit), or create unbalanced scenarios where the player is effectively invincible and immortal and unstoppable. Makes no sense whatsoever.

[Updated on: Sat, 12 April 2014 21:43]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: textures.big
Next Topic: Has anyone looked at the Anniversary Edition?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 00:14:10 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01541 seconds