Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion)
Re: Fable Formularies / Difficulty Rebalance [message #70179 is a reply to message #70177] Sat, 29 March 2014 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
xxNick wrote on Fri, 28 March 2014 23:17

I don't even know where to begin with all my thoughts on what went wrong with how fable was developed. It's surprising to me that everything even worked out for them.

You had BigBlueBox working under lionhead
You had Peter Molynuex having no idea of the state of development before spouting his nonsense.
You had Microsoft in talks to buy lionhead shortly after the original fable was completed.

The main issue was Peter Molynuex. He's like a concept artist for game design. He hasn't dealt with the nitty gritty in a long time. He had this grand vision of a hero sandbox game, and BigBlueBox couldn't stand up to this vision.

In the background you had devs that don't believe in open standardized systems for modding purposes. Everything they touched was proprietary. Leading to several instances of reinventing the wheel. Or even making things worse from an efficiency standpoint.

Under all that dirt and shit, there were good ideas. But that's all they are. Ideas.

It's enough to make me stomp around the room ranting and shaking my fist at god.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: textures.big
Next Topic: Has anyone looked at the Anniversary Edition?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 08:33:51 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01343 seconds