Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion)
Re: xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion) [message #70180 is a reply to message #70179] Sat, 29 March 2014 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
Keshire wrote on Sat, 29 March 2014 11:46

It's enough to make me stomp around the room ranting and shaking my fist at god.

And so I've met a like-minded individual. Most I come across see games as they are, which is fine, but I see them as they could and should have been. Which is where modding comes in. Then you look at the limitations of modding with this game, and it's not an engine limitation, not a scripting limitation, the engine can handle new quests and the scripts are versatile enough to do a great many things, there are just so many good things that could be done if they hadn't wrapped the whole thing together with glue and duct tape.

With all due respect to Mr. Molyneux, it feels like he used the franchise to further himself up the Microsoft ladder only to bug out with 22Cans when the criticism hit critical mass, meanwhile the franchise gets steered god knows where from folklore and fairy tale fantasies and mother goose theme (which is perfect for a sort of Tim Burton styled game with Danny Elfman doing the music) to kings and rebellions and guns and something called a "crawler" and perhaps the most awful take on steampunk I've ever seen - I don't even know what to say.

But I can rant about it all day or try to fix what I can. The to-do list for fixing is a lot smaller than the itemized and categorized list of things that they screwed up.

As a side-note, I do have to thank them for inspiring stuff like this.

[Updated on: Sat, 12 April 2014 21:43]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: textures.big
Next Topic: Has anyone looked at the Anniversary Edition?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 12:47:11 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01450 seconds