Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion)
Re: xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion) [message #70186 is a reply to message #70184] Sat, 29 March 2014 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
Swanky_e wrote on Sat, 29 March 2014 23:55

Im currently working on a mod that in theory will try to mend the lack of difficulty in fable

We can work together on coming up with ideas if you'd like. I'd appreciate a person to bounce ideas off of.

i think what fable really needs HEALTH METERS to improve difficulty cuz that would play into your strategy if you can see the enemies health

I never thought of that, but yes, having a rough idea of how much health an enemy has can definitely be worked into a strategy. Most boss enemies, special encounters, already have health meters off to the side in the HUD, but if someone were to add significant new enemies, such a feature would be useful. And as it happens, it's yet another system that's already in the game and just unused. COverheadDisplayDef. Because it's a CDef, it can be made creature-specific or across the board with all creatures.

Fable also really needs SHIELDS! its is really important cuz it adds more STRATEGY! and why is thunder the only npc with a Shield , can we use thunders shield animations for the HERO i have tried an my game crashed but i think it can be done!

Don't forget Nostro. Wink
Aye, shields would be a good addition, though the only ways I can see adding shields would make them almost purely cosmetic, like clothing. It would add to the armor rating, but it wouldn't really block attacks.

As for using Thunder's anims, that's clever and doable. However, you're then left with the issue of blocking when not equipped with a shield. "Here, let me just stick my head out to make decapitating me more convenient." Razz Without a way to toggle the anim with a check to see whether or not a shield is equipped, it's meh.

[Updated on: Sat, 12 April 2014 21:43]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: textures.big
Next Topic: Has anyone looked at the Anniversary Edition?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 09:27:01 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01059 seconds