Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion)
Re: xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion) [message #70195 is a reply to message #70175] Sun, 30 March 2014 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
Shields are a cool mechanic idea but without a practical way to do it proper, with blocking set up right with or without a shield and with proper anims and all that, I'm not interested. Same thing with other very interesting ideas I've seen, like throwing spears and morphing weapons, or augmented clothing. Yes, these might be possible to varying extents, but for the level of work involved to get only a semi-complete and perhaps even user unfriendly results, the effort/reward ratio just doesn't hit an acceptable level.

Back to the topic, I've finished removing all quest rewards in items, gold and renown, and killed all death drops. I've isolated all the cutscenes in which the player receives an item and the lines that need to be removed from each one. But I'm facing the same problem I had with quest rewards and items available in the TNGs, and that's items related to quests.

Blue mushrooms and potion
Treasure clues
Sword in stone (already removed entirely)
Chapel rewards (Skorm's bow and Sentinus)
Rewards for chicken kicking and fishing contests
And some others.

Some I just have to keep in, like the stick at the beginning of the game. You get it again in the prison from a barrel, I've removed that one. You can punch your way to the inventory chest (which also has to stay in) and get the stick back. But I can't remove it from the beginning because hitting that scarecrow with anything other than that stick won't register. And Maze during training, hitting him with anything other than the iron longsword or katana won't count. So some of these things have to remain.

I think I'll just cut out the sidequest stuff and everything that won't break the game on removal and figure out how to reimplement it all later on. But that really stacks weight on the wrong end of that effort/reward ratio I mentioned earlier.

[Updated on: Sat, 12 April 2014 21:44]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: textures.big
Next Topic: Has anyone looked at the Anniversary Edition?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 21:13:11 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01269 seconds