Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion)
Re: xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion) [message #70294 is a reply to message #70175] Wed, 09 April 2014 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
Thinking about rare finite items. In the stock game there are three amethysts, for instance, and there's no reason to sell them because, well by that time you're rich so you hold them like a forgotten trophy. And they're all found. Chest, barrel, digging spot. Thinking about making it so these items have to be farmed. Again amethysts for example, can be gotten off ice trolls with a 10% drop rate. And then motivation, a shopkeeper in Bowerstone North will pay handsomely for these - which works as motivation because in my Fable, you can't just get rich. Would that work?

Also thinking about unimplemented items, like throwing bombs, adrenaline potions, pump action crossbows. Besides tweaking and implementing the unused items, I'm trying to figure out how I can promote their use. I can make it do slightly more damage but I'd like to keep damage/tier balanced with speed, like how greatswords do more damage than longswords but are slower. So, how can I get players to pay extra for an oak pump action crossbow when the regular oak crossbow works just as good?

I'm also wanting to make higher weapon tiers unavailable for purchase. So obsidian/ebony, master and legendary tier weapons must be rewarded to the player somehow. I'm trying to figure out how I can do this and still give the player choice in what they get, so a player who favors the longsword doesn't do a sidequest for a crossbow. Anyone have ideas?

And, last tidbit, thinking about random encounters where one can see other heroes appearing in the world fighting off bandits and stuff on occasion. So you can be walking in the woods full of bandits and maybe get some unexpected help from Thunder. Does that fit, or would players just be preoccupied trying to kill him?

[Updated on: Sat, 12 April 2014 21:44]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: textures.big
Next Topic: Has anyone looked at the Anniversary Edition?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 18:08:28 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01033 seconds