Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion)
Re: xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion) [message #70322 is a reply to message #70321] Sun, 13 April 2014 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
niartyzarC wrote on Sun, 13 April 2014 16:25

You know, you could probably use the world save before accepting quests with boasts and reload that save each time you need to test your mods for those boasts.

Wishful thinking. Boasts are done in the script.bin. Most if not all changes to the script.bin require a new game for the changes to reflect in-game. Boasts won't really be a problem to test - I can't add or remove boasts, only change the cost/reward.

niartyzarC wrote on Sun, 13 April 2014 16:25

Also, I don't know what the pump crossbows look like or how they work, but maybe you could either make their stats somewhere between bows and crossbows and possibly weaken bows and/or strengthen crossbows to help make a meaningfull difference, or maybe you can make them stronger than crossbows, or you could make them as strong as, but slightly faster than, crossbows, but still slower than bows.

Pump crossbows are like regular crossbows except they have a different mesh and look cooler, but they're mostly the same. I was thinking a touch stronger and a touch slower than crossbows, but having them be faster and maybe a tad weaker would be good too. If I give them a higher DPS, that'd justify paying more for it. Works for me.

Swanky_e wrote on Sun, 13 April 2014 18:00

can you elaborate a bit more on the prototype bandit you made?

Think six million dollar man. Faster, stronger, harder to knock down, higher health, non-stop sequences using every move available in the bandit repertoire. Nothing fancy, they'll be the same appearance-wise, mostly. There are 10695 different bandit appearance combinations, all I did was make all of them possible with one creature. You'll still be able to determine what class and tier they are by their size and weapon.

The AI is fine, it's the balance that kills difficulty. If you have enough potions, you could take on an entire army of bandits, either by spamming force push chugging will potions or just meleeing them one at a time chugging health potions. But without potions and resurrection phials, taking damage suddenly becomes a problem. You can heal with a spell, but only so much because of limited will. This means players have to employ smarter playing - snipe from afar, spells as enemies advance, melee when they get to you.

Numbers and surroundings are another factor. I can't do a whole lot to universally control surroundings, but numbers are easy. I don't ever want there to be a scenario where there's only a single bandit coming after the player.

And remember that the player won't have easy access to heavy hitting weapons; the equation is changed when you're fighting them with a steel sword instead of the sword of aeons or solus greatsword or skorms bow.

Then take into account resistances and weaknesses. Let's say bandit lieutenants, assassins, bandit grunts resist different types of damage, but are weak to others, and then there's augments to consider. Ever play a TGC? Time to build a deck, flip a coin and hope for a crit.

Then just do the same with hobbes, minions, undead... you know, everything else. And then you've got rebalanced combat.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: textures.big
Next Topic: Has anyone looked at the Anniversary Edition?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 16:26:42 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01054 seconds