Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion)
Re: xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion) [message #70330 is a reply to message #70329] Wed, 16 April 2014 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Swanky_e wrote on Wed, 16 April 2014 14:22

what i meant by elaborate was technical changes you made to Creature defs or what parts you changed like health perimeters or incites into the way you edit characters , describing the million dollar man inst helpful or insightful to me at least. i meditated over your approach to "re balance" fable but i see a critical error you made here , many mods on this site i notice are highly invasive and are not compatible with other mods because they are simply to big in the scope of changes made to fable and are not in consideration of other mods ,the more changes are made the more likely it will crash and require fresh installs, its a common thing that a single mod will aim to remake the game to some extent witch i don't understand, for example Morerunes Fable:new world mod. I guess that was more just my personal opinion but it ties into the critical error i see, It seems like most of the re-balance will be done by making potions,food,ext.. more expensive an making weapons and armor more rare , theirs many problems here first it is very invasive and the FMP will be huge and may have to be slip it into sections or put in a compressed zip , why change prices of potions when you can adjust the how fast and how much they heal you instead it would save alot of time and work better, plus if you stay with a system of expensive potions people can exploit the landlord home system and save up gold until they can by a home and then get rent money or sell and resell using the trophy cheat, then you can still buy the expensive potions. Making weapons more rare is just pointless sure people may stick with it fro a bit but many will get frustrated from having to get 15 silver keys for and obsidian hammer that is not fun and they can just put the weapon they want in their inventory very easily, the way the mod is described you must remake the entire rel-estate/Landlord system or everything else wont work and really if you change that many things you might as well make your own game than to use fable as a template but that's another thread entirely

Separate those thoughts into paragraphs man.

But more to the point the mods people make are invasive and all encompassing because there are a lot of concepts that require editing defs that are interconnected with a bunch of other defs here and there.

And with the small size of the community stepping on other's toes has never truly been an issue.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: textures.big
Next Topic: Has anyone looked at the Anniversary Edition?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 21:09:21 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01170 seconds