Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion)
Re: xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion) [message #70337 is a reply to message #70336] Fri, 18 April 2014 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
Swanky_e wrote on Wed, 16 April 2014 14:22

what i meant by elaborate was technical changes you made to Creature defs or what parts you changed like health perimeters or incites into the way you edit characters , describing the million dollar man inst helpful or insightful to me at least.

So you want the technical aspects of the creature editing. Well. I made some new entries and changed them. Don't know what you're looking for man.

i meditated over your approach to "re balance" fable but i see a critical error you made here , many mods on this site i notice are highly invasive and are not compatible with other mods because they are simply to big in the scope of changes made to fable and are not in consideration of other mods ,the more changes are made the more likely it will crash and require fresh installs, its a common thing that a single mod will aim to remake the game to some extent witch i don't understand, for example Morerunes Fable:new world mod.

Right. And I have seen the other large mods and have found them wanting. I can break mine down into individual mods, as what ultimately became of Fable: Harsh, but it is better as a whole. I will be doing my mod proper - it will not cause a crash and will not include items or changes of questionable user friendliness or quality (things that sort of work if used just right).

It will require a new game, by the very nature of the edit, it can only be experienced with a new game: moving around demon doors, quest elements and other things can't be experienced without a new game; changing difficulty wouldn't be right if done half-way through the game.

The idea is to create a new Fable experience. That simply can't be done with post-quest changes.

The way the mod is described you must remake the entire rel-estate/Landlord system or everything else wont work sense you can make money slowly but eventually will have enough income threw renting houses to buy many potions. The over utilization of potions is not so much a problem of the abundance an price so much as the way in witch the potion effects stats , potions are to strong they need a bit of hobbe water poured in them,ever play Darksouls? maybe a Estus Flask system could work.As far as RPG combat Darksouls is the new benchmark,ideal,example.

The idea is to hinder everything about potions. More expensive, limited supply, limited effectiveness. And with limited money, not drowning in it, that is, you might even be encouraged to sell the potions for mad monies as opposed to hold onto and use them.

Keshire wrote on Wed, 16 April 2014 14:26

But more to the point the mods people make are invasive and all encompassing because there are a lot of concepts that require editing defs that are interconnected with a bunch of other defs here and there.

And with the small size of the community stepping on other's toes has never truly been an issue.

Aye. There are basically two types of mods. You have microtransaction dlc type mods, adding items, weapons, armor, or changing small aspects of one thing. We have a lot of those. And then you have larger mods that edit and add a lot of things, which aren't too common.

Sure, you can't play my mod and Fable: Harsh and TNW and DS and Bare all at the same time. You're not meant to. Those are all completely different mods that all do very different things. But, you know, you can still add a lot of the minor mods to any of those should you feel so inclined.

Swanky_e wrote on Fri, 18 April 2014 01:31

The main point is there are more simple solutions to do this like watering down potion effectiveness and also making the health bar locked at a small amount. Its Just my subjective opinion it might not even work or make any practical sense just my babbling really ,its just that i am obsessed with fables world particularly this aspect.

That is something that is going to happen. There will be cheap and pricey potions each doing the same thing, but to different degrees. Naturally, the crappy potions will be more common and less expensive, and the good stuff will be more and more rare and more and more expensive and more and more effective.

I'm not quite clear with the beef you have with the goals of my mod though. Is it that you won't be able to use other large-scope mods? Or is it that it is large-scope to begin with? Or does it just not do what you want it to do? Because. You know. You have the same tools I do. You can totally go another direction with a different mod. I strongly encourage you to do so. Wink

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: textures.big
Next Topic: Has anyone looked at the Anniversary Edition?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 08:10:41 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01220 seconds