Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion)
Re: xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion) [message #70339 is a reply to message #70338] Fri, 18 April 2014 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
Swanky_e wrote on Fri, 18 April 2014 04:01

no i clearly inquired on a very specific aspect of the bandit you where describing>> "how did you change his his combat exactly did you take out all the defensive moves from combat_sequence_array_count from the def and replaced them with all offensive moves" either you did not read that part or you dont want to tell me how you edited it ,probably the latter in witch case i dont understand the reasons sense the more people understand how mods work the further moding can evolve. If you didn't want to disclose information you could have just said "no i do not want to tell you about that" which if that is the case not that you would admit it i would and don't have any problem with that its ice cool .

No, I read that part. The exact changes are subject to more changes. I did say I needed to tweak him. That's why the basic idea is the best I can give you. What I can tell you is what I'm editing and with what goal in mind.

And your last comment is curious because you made the assumption that my comment/opinion was an attack or some kind of jab to hurt your feelings which could not be further form the truth , I have no "beef" with your mod i am surprised someone would come to that conclusion because i did not write with that intention or meant it that way.

Absolutely not. Criticism is good in any case. Your post seemed like you had an issue with broad scope mods due to being incompatible with other mods, so that's what I'm replying to. I don't take it as any kind of attack.

An attack, legit attack, would be people on the LH forums saying modding is stupid and gay and that a PC release of Anniversary should not be made because modders will ruin it and PC sucks anyway and boo modders. You know, shit like that.

I was just thinking about modding and some ideas you mentioned and just used critical thinking to solve several aspects of the problem to me it is more logical to change the root cause then surrounding branches. I did not say you should do it my way i simply saw major flaws in its theory so i gave an opinion based on critical thinking not emotion, Its clear you do not agree witch what i said i was only sharing my ideas sense that is what you asked for in your description.

The problem being that broad scope mods are incompatible with each other? That can't be fixed. A lot of stuff is held in global values and you can't have two mods that edit any of the same entries be 100% compatible with each other.

Or some other problem, in which case I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Please don't take this, you know, the wrong way or anything, but it's hard to understand your points. There's a breakdown in communication here, if I don't understand, believe me I'm trying.

---------------------

To get all this back on track, here's an update.

I've been stumbling over the scripts, starting over three or four times to get it done right. Transplanting chunks of scripts from one map to another has proven to be insanely difficult. Not just because there's a lot of math involved, but also because I have to make sure everything lands on a place where NPCs, the player, the camera can all be on and navigate in a friendly manner. Can't have a quest-related NPC going full retard because he's on a cell that doesn't have navdata.

I've been going over other ideas for item implementation:

I was looking at the chamber of fate and wondered how they got those paintings up there after certain parts of the game. Quest sections. The quest activates, plays a movie, adds a painting to the dome that persists for the rest of the game. So I can use that to make things appear in places accessible early on, but only after quest progression reaches a certain point.

Also. Statue master script. Initially I thought the statue scripts were stupid. You get some leather armor and a piercing augment right from the start of the game. At first I just removed it, but then I decided to repurpose it. I can make various things appear when entering certain maps at noon or midnight.

I think this, combined with demon doors, silver key chests, and the "time release" method above, can make for some interesting random encounters which in turn can lead to some interesting, and more importantly, well earned loot.

I'm also doing away with the silver key in the dark woods, which frees up the only cutscene available in the game that can be completely customized and called on command. So I'll be sure to utilize that in some way as well.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 April 2014 08:51]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: textures.big
Next Topic: Has anyone looked at the Anniversary Edition?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 15:48:00 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01488 seconds