Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion)
Re: xxNick's Fable Rebalanced Mod (Discussion) [message #70342 is a reply to message #70339] Thu, 24 April 2014 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
Did a playthrough of the WIP. It was awful, but also a really helpful learning experience. Starting this project over from scrap.

What's become painfully obvious is that the quest-related scripts should be left alone as much as possible. While I was able to get most things I moved around working in another area, such as the archery competition, fisticuffs, bandit toll, sword in the stone, sick child, I was not able to do them properly because of the restrictions placed on map editing. I simply did not have another place to put most of these things.

Sword in stone and archery competition were easy. The smaller aspects of the sick child quest was easy even if it looked horribly wrong. Giving that woman and her brats a place to live elsewhere was quite a pain. Even that worked, but there just wasn't anywhere for me to put the stupid fisticuff guys, and where else could I have put a bandit toll except on a bridge?

Also, interestingly, you can't have all five assassination triggers go simultaneously. Doesn't work. One will go, and then two more stutter in after that. The last two just don't show up. Booo. Another very important thing of interest, removing the demon door walls, doors and faces does NOT remove the teleport. Oops. I'll have to get those too next time. Last one off the top of my head, for some reason having bodyguards in the guild, anywhere in the guild, works just fine except that when the guildmaster teleports to the map table, so do the bodyguards.

In investigating the map scripts, I concluded that one could not, or at the very least should not, have more than two bodyguards. I believe there was originally supposed to be a system to put bodyguards at specific places during specific quests, for example, the arena. I now also believe someone over at LH said fuck that, just make it so they have to dismiss their bodyguards. Because that's what happened. So that means we can do more than two bodyguards proper, which means I'm adding a lot of those guard rejects in.

Worth mentioning that a lot of other things went right as well, but nothing impressive to note.

These things would be so much easier if we could completely edit maps. As it is, changing quest aspects is going to be done almost entirely in the game.bin and script.bin.

Off to remake a mod and hope it isn't awful.

[Updated on: Sun, 27 April 2014 03:27]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: textures.big
Next Topic: Has anyone looked at the Anniversary Edition?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 22:56:27 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01289 seconds