Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » How high poly/quality can fable the lost chapters handle
Re: How high poly/quality can fable the lost chapters handle [message #70203 is a reply to message #70183] Tue, 01 April 2014 11:13 Go to previous message
CultOfByron is currently offline  CultOfByron
Now I by no means profess to be an expert on this, in fact I really am in awe at the technical ability of you guys.

I have had a look at the various models (using Gildor's pskx importer for 3DSMax) in F:A and for the most part, they don't look all that different from TLCs models in terms of quality. Most of the textures look like they are higher quality however.

I've not tried importing any models into TLC but this might be a good opportunity to learn Wink

Still no sign of those heightmaps in the .xxx level files...

[Update] I've been trying out some of the Anniversary textures and, it's bizarre, they're certainly different but they're not "better". Maybe it's due to the fact that a 512 Anniversary texture on a TLC mesh is going to look largely similar to a TLC texture. Same with the Anniversary meshes (so far looked at in Umodel and 3dsMax) they're different, but not as much better quality as you might think.

[Updated on: Wed, 02 April 2014 14:29]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Modding might have a small jump start agian!
Next Topic: PC version of Anniversary... hmmm...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 06:03:15 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01233 seconds