Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » FABLE Anniversary Lion Head WTF man?
Re: FABLE Anniversary Lion Head WTF man? [message #70191 is a reply to message #70190] Sun, 30 March 2014 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
A rant thread. I think Fable, Lionhead, their developers old and new, even Molyneux and BBB who are gone at this point, would have been criticized no matter how the Anniversary edition turned out. And to be honest, I'd say a lot of it is unfair. Yes, there are volumes of negative things to say about the aforementioned, but not about Anniversary. We shouldn't really expect a PC port, we never got one for Fable 2. Only reason why we got one for Fable 3, I imagine, must have had something to do with showcasing some newly available technology from Microsoft and adding a title to GFWL (but keep in mind it was released through Steam as well). Unless a scenario evolves wherein Microsoft has something to gain through showing off new capabilities by releasing Anniversary on PC, I simply don't see it happening and won't hold to hope.

However that doesn't mean Anniversary is a complete smack to the faces of modders. It is because of resources available in the Anniversary edition that weren't available in the original or TLC that we can get a much better understanding of the defs, thus allowing easier editing of TLC on PC. It was a gift, whether they meant it as such or not.

As for style and substance, it's still Fable. A game isn't about how it looks but how it plays. Unfortunately, the new generation has a different view of it, and won't play anything that falls below their very ill-defined quality threshold. I'm okay with the facelift if it means I get to share Fable with a new generation that would otherwise have to grow up without it, and that'd be a damn shame. I'm more grateful that they didn't "upgrade" the mechanics of the game to mirror those used in Fable 3. Because that would be a deal breaker for me.

Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Explanation Needed
Next Topic: W I P......loading.....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 02:59:26 PDT 2024