Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » BayStone's Lev tool
Re: BayStone's Lev tool [message #70257 is a reply to message #70256] Mon, 07 April 2014 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
CultOfByron is currently offline  CultOfByron
Ahhh, thank you!

I'll have a proper session with this at the weekend but from first looks this is exactly what I need.

:notworthy: Wink

Update:

The Levbmp tool:

On the whole it's been a great help - as before I only had the bmps generated by Albion Explorer as a reference, but these have proven to be problematic. Each bmp is rendered along the whole spectrum of black to white, whereas the bmps dumped by Levbmp are coherent along the whole height spectrum of Albion heightmaps.

Examples:

Heightmap in AE: https://www.flickr.com/photos/byronturrell/14110136933
Same Heightmap as a levbmp output: index.php?t=getfile&id=11554&private=0

Problems I've experienced due to the fact that this appears to be the early version:

Some .levs cause Levbmp to crash - particularly horizontally rectangular ones. The length and width of vertically rectangular heightmaps are switched so while some of it renders correctly, the bmp repeats the first part:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/byronturrell/14090107645/

So while I can use these as a definitive height reference to adjust the AE heightmaps, only the fully square ones are usable as-is. I guess this is nothing more sinister than levbmp calling the horizontal and vertical values in the .lev file in the wrong order.

If the most recent version of levbmp does materialise, that'd be great and would certainly correct for some of my more idiosyncratic adaptations of AE heightmaps.

However, as I've said elsewhere, it's been a great learning experience regarding heightmaps in general, as well as how the Fable levels were put together.

I now have a virtually complete Albion as a heightmap and am currently trying to integrate this into the map as seen in game.

I will probably focus on Witchwood Island since that's the most complete and least huge complete landmass in the game.

(Having problems embedding more than one image.)

[Updated on: Fri, 02 May 2014 10:28]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Gift of youth @ Avo's Temple
Next Topic: Lady Grey likes Evil Char's