Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » You guys use a lot of software stuff, right?
You guys use a lot of software stuff, right? [message #70350] Mon, 28 April 2014 02:36 Go to previous message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
tl;dr

Looking for a tool that can find a hex string across multiple files and output a list of matches to a text file OR Screen capture software that supports scrolling windows and has OCR functionality OR Screen capture software that doesn't suck and supports scrolling windows as well as a good OCR tool.

Budget: Up to $50.

I am currently looking for anything that can find a hex string across multiple files AND output a list of matches into a text file, something I can see and edit and do stuff with.

Right now I have Hex Editor Neo, super cool, it can do the search part rather effectively and because it can also do batch find/replace operations, it's getting a permanent spot in my utility belt. The problem is that it doesn't output the matches to text. It gives me a window with the text I need in it, but I can't do anything with that, no copy/paste or anything.

Short of that, screen capture software that can do scrolling windows and includes OCR functionality. I used to have such a tool. It was free, it was good, it was useful, it supported working with scrolling windows, and I forget the name of it and can't for the life of me find it again. The one I ended up with, TechSmith's SnagIt, notifies me after I waste my time that it can't do the operation and recommends I just copy and paste the text. If I could do that... /me strangles computer monitor

Short of that, two different tools, one that can do the screen capture of the scrolling window and one that can do the OCR operation.

While I obviously prefer good and free software, I understand that not all good software is free, so I'm willing to spend some money on this, not too much but enough for a good tool. I already dropped some money on HEN.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How the whole fable modding thing got started
Next Topic: I made a youtubes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:38:45 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01167 seconds