Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Fable Anniversary steamworks/modding
Re: Fable Anniversary steamworks/modding [message #70593 is a reply to message #70592] Fri, 22 August 2014 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
xonemanlegacy wrote on Thu, 21 August 2014 16:32

They are asking people to help them make it work.

I didn't get that from what he said at all. From what I read he just wanted to know what we all wanted. And we've stated as much.

If they seriously want us to DO something, then they need to bring information to the table. There's no way in hell I'm going through the pain of writing out their proprietary format specs again. It's just not happening.

And so far I haven't really seen anything more than lip service to the modding community in order to boost up some hype. Something that most of us here won't necessarily fall for. This a results driven community. Very Happy

And just to restate those needs:
http://forum.lionhead.com/yaf_postsm38655_posts.aspx#post386 55
Quote:

Get the quest scripting out of the exe if you haven't already.

Let us run the game using uncompiled defs. (and preferably give us the uncompiled defs or the format for them)

Give us a folder to override assets. Preferably without needing to store them in banks.

While the internal plugins to asset software isn't needed, it'd be nice to get the file structs so we can make our own software. If I had the model structs I could whip import/export into blender fairly quickly.

The main limiting factors with TLC for PC were Quest scripting (compiled into the exe) and the STB level mesh (huge mess of compression).

I and several other people busted our asses off trying to form a modding community. I don't know if I could muster the enthusiasm/spite to do it again if there isn't some lionhead backing.

-Keshire

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 August 2014 08:49]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Teen Looks (Exact) Help
Next Topic: General memory structure of Fable process?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 23:00:51 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01427 seconds