Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable Anniversary » Discussion » General » what is your Reaction to Fable Anniversary?
Re: what is your Reaction to Fable Anniversary? [message #70661 is a reply to message #70653] Sat, 13 September 2014 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
hipolipolopigus is currently offline  hipolipolopigus
I'm noticing that a lot of the issues - particularly gameplay and cinematics - are still present in FA. It's like they literally copy-pasted things;
  • A scene which is meant to zoom in on the hero's face will still zoom in on their chest if they're too tall
  • You can't hit enemies with melee if they're knocked down
  • Melee attacks will push enemies out of the way if they're performing an emote and you aren't locked onto them
  • Taking the key from Grey's bed when you're the mayor results in 5 negative karma
  • Whenever Jack starts to hover, his movement becomes awfully jittery
  • The movies are the same files from TLC, upscaled and with terrible audio

The lack of mouse control in the menus is beyond frustrating. This post from a Lionhead dev on the decision to choose modding over mouse-enabled menus doesn't help.

Despite aging being "slowed down", it feels like my hero is aging super-fast. He looked about 70 when he went to the arena! And oh-dear-god the arena rock trolls. Knocked down by one, start getting up, knocked down by the other, ad infinium.

And the textures... What are these? 256x?

I could go on forever... Rolling Eyes It seems that we've got a few niceties - mostly modern 3D techniques - but everything else is exactly the same.

[Updated on: Sat, 13 September 2014 18:55]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Trying to get Fable Explorer/Shadownet to load .fmp correctly
Next Topic: Fable Explorer Error
Goto Forum: