Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Def.Xml for Fable 1.0?
Re: Def.Xml for Fable 1.0? [message #71578 is a reply to message #71425] Sat, 05 November 2016 13:30 Go to previous message
blastedt is currently offline  blastedt

We have used Explorer to use level data (and in fact the terrain data loads fine into PC 1.5 if you extract the map and replace Archon's Folly) but we're trying to restore the dragon creature and its AI and really as much of the quest as possible. We know that it at least has different textures and presumably a different model (the textures left behind in 1.5 don't fit the new model) and we have some various inklings of what it was supposed to do - the map is littered with fly waypoints. name.bin contains the string "BRAIN_DRAGON" so there's quite possibly a brain left behind in the 1.5 exe. Last ditch is attempting to write a 1.0 mod for xbox to restore the dragon and its brain.

Since I've made this post I looked into it a bit more in-depth and realized that I have absolutely no idea how to write a def.xml for it. Shit's like 15k lines.

A def.xml would do a lot more for us than restoring the beta Dragon Cliff. 1.5 has a shitload of cut content left behind in the files and there's every indication that 1.0 has much more. I'd love to see anything relating to guild challenges left behind, or even if those weird floating lava cubes have more data left.

Blastedt

[Updated on: Sat, 05 November 2016 13:37]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: ABILITY TO MARRY ALL CARACTERS
Next Topic: Garo,skeleton knight and red dragon emperor armor request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 07:18:43 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01581 seconds