Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable Anniversary » Development » Tools » Fable Explorer Version Switcher
Re: Fable Explorer Version Switcher [message #71520 is a reply to message #71487] Thu, 08 September 2016 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Sparrow
I did everything correctly, yet when I launch FE, it loads the original Fable TLC files. The symlinks are installed and link to the correct directory. I just think FE isn't using them. Of course the script was ran in and the symlinks installed in the same directory as in the config.xml
Here's the application settings I have in my config.xml
config.xml

<FableExplorer>
<ApplicationSettings>
<UseRegistry>FALSE</UseRegistry>
<RegistryPath>SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Microsoft Games\\Fable\\1.0</RegistryPath>
<InstallDirectory>C:\Program Files\ShadowNet</InstallDirectory>
<InternalSplash>FALSE</InternalSplash>
<SplashFileName>Shadow Net.jpg</SplashFileName>
</ApplicationSettings>
</FableExplorer>

Currently, I have something in the works which utilizes this script. I'll share.
FEMan.bat

This is certainly not the final draft, but linked here is a setup I created using this script. I'd appreciate some testing.
It only uses "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fable Anniversary"
If your directory is different, you can't use this setup. Correct me if I'm wrong but symlinks could potentially be installed to these directories to link to your actual directory. A .bat should be included that achieves this. The modified script has been converted to .exe to require admin privileges to run.

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Thu, 08 September 2016 18:37]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fable Anniversary Mod Enabler
Next Topic: CBox World Editor Working on Fable Anniversary!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 06:42:50 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01299 seconds