Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Development » Tools » Fable Explorer Beta 4.1
Fable Explorer Beta 4.1 [message #11940] Sun, 27 August 2006 20:34 Go to previous message
Hunter is currently offline  Hunter

Idle Hands of the Devil
Here's another update to FE.

This version now supports tng's inside of fmp's. However for these to work you need to be using the wad file and not the extracted files from freeroam app.

A number of bugs have been fixed and other functionality tweaked and so on.

And as always, you need Directx 9.0c and .Net Framework 2.0

Enjoy.

*Update 03/13/07: New build to fix environments bug. No need to get a clean game.bin, just recompile your existing one and your environments should be working again.

Note: There is also a new ability to preview and export animations inside of FE. To use it open a model, such as MODEL_HERO, and drag an animation for that model onto the preview window, such as ANIM_HERO_RUN. To export the animation you are currently viewing just export the model and the current animation will be embedded with the model in the x-file. This functionality has a known bug that causes FE to crash when closing the preview window. Use this feature AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Development Halted
I thought this was pretty much publicly known, but here it is anyway. I am no longer currently working on Fable Explorer or any fable modding. If you are interested in continuing FE development let me know and I will get you setup with access to the source code. FE was written in C++ and C#. If you plan on looking into developing FE you should be familiar with these languages or be interested in learning them.
As for me, I may return to working on fable modding and tools in the future, but most likely that will not happen unless Fable 2 goes to PC.

def.xml updates
  • Attachment: FableExplorer.zip
    (Size: 2.43MB, Downloaded 275910 times)
  • Attachment: def.xml
    (Size: 847.11KB, Downloaded 47861 times)

[Updated on: Sat, 08 May 2010 17:36] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Installers For Fable Explorer & Albion Explorer
Next Topic: XBOX360 Controls! FINAL 12/16 Get it while it's hot!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:38:50 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01095 seconds