Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » I feel like I'm going about this all wrong...
I feel like I'm going about this all wrong... [message #12957] Sun, 01 October 2006 16:15 Go to previous message
Seventh Machine is currently offline  Seventh Machine
OK, first thing first, I am a complete newbie when it comes to Fable modding, and so I stay away from virtually anything beyond mesh swapping and the occasional damage altering for a weapon.

I recently learned how to swap meshes, and so I've been occupying myself with fooling around with them. and every time i do swap a mesh, when i play, all the environments are not working or take effect. What i mean is; Darkwood, witchwood and lytchfield and all other places, have the same, standard skies and lighting, seen at barrow fields or Bowerstone for example. But I've never changed anything other then Fable guy's body and eye mesh. what could i be doing wrong?

I've held back on asking this here for three days, I've been trying to figure it out myself, including searching your forums for any answers but I've never found anything out, or i may have not used the right words in the search.

Here's how I have been swapping Fable guy's mesh:

I load up Fable Explorer, then double-click "game.bin" from the text box on the upper left of my screen. I then scroll down the list, expand the CREATURES list, then select Hero. I change his body mesh to Jack's then change his eyes to Jack's as well. I then hit "apply changes" and then exit out of that window. I then right-click on "game.bin" and select "Save As" and save it in "CompiledDefs" as "game2"

at this point, I exit Fable explorer and open up the "CompiledDefs" folder and then drag the file "game" and place it on my desktop, then rename "game2" to simply "game" and finally load up Fable normally.

When I load a save, Fable guy looks like jack, along with his eyes, but the guild hall is far too bright, as if it's using the outdoors lighting. It's the same everywhere else, all indoor areas are bright, and other environments like witchwood, or even the effects from Inferno wrath do not change from the standard bright blue skies.

here's some pictures to better explain what I mean about the environments

Chamber of Fate
Guild Hall
Darkwood Weir
Temple of Avo

I assume I'm going about it all wrong, and so would someone please explain how to go about this correctly? Thank you in advance.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message