Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Editing fmps + changing weather for XBox version
Editing fmps + changing weather for XBox version [message #13903] Sat, 28 October 2006 21:18 Go to previous message
henri is currently offline  henri
Hi guys,
I have Fable TLC on XBox.

There are some mods on PC that I want on my XBox. I read not to request converting so I am not.

I am looking for technical documentation about fmps. My idea is to then make a php script or c++ program to decompile fmp for pc, then recompile for XBox. I do not think this would be too difficult as I took a look at the def.xml file and it is just a collection of names associated with addresses. Furthermore I am surmising that a fmp is just a file assigning values to addresses. So, If I could setup a correlation between the PC and XBox addresses, I could then convert any fmp. Would this be possible? Where can I get technical documentation on fmp files? OR, how can I extract data from fmp files then add it back?

On another note: I am trying to make it rain in Bowerstone (XBox rember). I downloaded the package of FinalAlbion.wld files which should make it rain, snow, or some other stuffs. I replaced my Data/Levels/FinalAlbion.wld file with the rain one. It did not work. I then used Albion Explorer to edit the RegionDef field for Bowerstone areas I set them to be the value that witchwood has. I tried it, and it was still sunny. Then I edited xuserst.ini (XBox) and set UseCompiledWorldFiles to be FALSE.
Still nothing, what am I missing?

Thanks,
Henri

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Problems with mods
Next Topic: The Greatest Question?Dunno but I got one....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 23:15:55 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00959 seconds