Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Playing as a Female Character?
Playing as a Female Character? [message #16023] Sat, 20 January 2007 13:29 Go to previous message
Seventh Machine is currently offline  Seventh Machine
Has anyone come up with a way to stop the facial distortion that occurs when you try to use a female mesh? As far as I can tell, no one's posted a method. But chances are, I didn't search with the right keywords. Razz

Anyway, I found out how. Long story short, my sister wanted to mess around as Briar Rose. So, as I'm swapping meshes, dreading the facial scrunch, I remembered something. The "CreatureDef" entry. It had a sub-entry with something like "EExpressions" as it's title. It listed Fable guy's facial animations. So I deleted the list, and continued on with what I was doing. Sure enough. When I played (to test my theory) Briar had her normal face. No errors what so ever.

Here's what I did;

Replaced Fable guy's mesh and his eye mesh and scale, with that of Briar Rose.

Then I went into the Bones folder, and moved the hero bones set to a safe place. (there for, no bones will distort Briar's body)

Next, for realism, I replaced Fable guy's animations, sound and special effects with that of Briar. (by way of the appropriate entries located in CDefs)

I added Briar's sword, by placing the ID of the sword into the field located in the entry "Weapon 1"

Now, here's what I did to "fix" briar's face. Under CDefs, I scrolled down to "CCreatureDef" and followed the link. In the new window, I expanded the list, and selected "EExpressionType Array" and then proceeded to delete the entries, much like how you would go about removing scars and bruises in the "Skin Effects" array.

I then Applied my changes and ran Fable.

My friend Kane is trying it as I type, and will be placing it into a short video, to which I will post a link to, when it becomes available.

EDIT: Kane has sent me the link to the video, you can find it Here (click)

And I also have two images.

Briar Rose's Face
Briar Rose With the Aeons

[Updated on: Sat, 20 January 2007 13:45]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message