Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Hero Body Texture
Re: Hero Body Texture [message #16631 is a reply to message #16630] Tue, 13 February 2007 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Grant Hammerhoof is currently offline  Grant Hammerhoof

Quote:

To un-screw the game, you might just re-install it.

To generally replace textures in Fable, do this:

- Open Fable Explorer

- At the top-left of the program, you'll see a squareish area, which has text saying, 'graphics.big, textures.big, frontend.big, text.big, etcetera. Double-Click on "textures.big".

- Wait for it to load (shouldn't take too long).

- Click on the [+] icon beside "GBANK_MAIN_PC"

- You'll be presented with a long, long list of text along the lines of "GRAPHIC_<something>" Scroll down, down, down...until you reach the "TEXTURE_HERO" section. Keep going down. Now you should be in the "COMP_HERO" section. Keep going until you find this line: "HERO_SKIN_ARMS". It should just say that alone, with no comp_hero or anything.

- Now, to change the texture of the front of the Hero, go ahead and open up "HERO_SKIN_TORSO". In the big grey area of the screen, a window should open. It should contain some buttons at the top, and at the bottom, an image. You'll probably recognize it.

- Above the image, and at the right-side of the sub-window, you should see buttons saying [Open New], [Add Frame], and [Save As...]. Not only can you use this to make backups, but you can also use it to edit other textures!

- For safety's sake, you should click on [Save As...] and save it somewhere, as a backup. When you're ready to swap the default texture with your custom one however, go ahead and click on [Open New].

- A small dialog box will pop up, saying Inport Format: [DXT1[, File To Open: None, [Browse], [Open], and [Cancel]. Click on the [DXT1]. A scroll-box will appear. You only have two choices, DXT1 or DXT3. Use DXT3 (better quality, as far as I know from my having used it all the time).

- Once you've changed DXT1 to DXT3, go ahead and click on [Browse]. In the new window, navigate to your custom skin, and go ahead and double-click on it. NOTE: If your edited file isn't showing up, there's a line at the bottom of the Open window that says "Files of type:" Beside it, there should be a bar saying "*.bmp". Click on it to open a scroll-bar. Choose the file-type that you saved your image as. You image should show up now.

- Once you've selected the image, the Open window should close, and you'll be back at the Open New Texture window. Go ahead and click on [Open], which should now be available to use.

- Click on [Apply Changes] to save your edit.

- If you are finished swapping textures, go ahead and click on the [Actions] tab at the top-left of the Fable Explorer window. Then click on [Save and Run Fable]. A dialog box will pop up saying [Press 'OK' when you have finished using and have closed Fable.] It explains itself, eh?
You'll probably be presented with a "Could not find Splash.exe" or something along those lines. In that case, just click on [OK] and it's all good.
If you get an [ERROR: Could not find Library] window, then you need to put in the disk, silly!

- If you have more skins to swap, I'm sure you're clever enough to figure out what you'll want to do!

Hope that helps. http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/grant_hammerhoof/Moo-ImGrant.gif

Ahh, I see you edited your message, heh...Hmm...I wonder what's causing it. I'll ponder the subject a bit, but that's rather interesting. You mentioned you 'screwed up the game'. You might want to try a re-install, for a fresh start, change the texture again, and test. If it crashes again, then...hmm. I'm out of answers, sorry!

Yeah, about all I can suggest is a re-install.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/grant_hammerhoof/Grant_BuffBull_WesternSignature.png

[Updated on: Tue, 13 February 2007 01:41]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Need help recoloring
Next Topic: new model problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 21 22:18:19 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02238 seconds