Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Fatal Error While Re-Installing Fable
Fatal Error While Re-Installing Fable [message #18885] Tue, 08 May 2007 18:46 Go to previous message
Illuminati is currently offline  Illuminati

I recently Uninstalled Fable and tried to reinstall it... I have made several attempts thus far.

Attempt 1) Got to last file, where it couldn't be read
Attempt 2) Got error 1305 (couldn't read file) once every 5 minutes (I kept hittin retry)
Attempt 3) Same as 2
Attempt 4) Same as 2,3
Attempt 5) Tried copying CD 1's content to hard drive... CD~1 file would not copy over
Attempt 6) Did the same thing as 3, just kept hitting retry until the status bar said 100% and just kept asking for the file (error 1305) It reached 100% without ever asking for even Disk 2.

I installed an installshield update, ended countless processes, restarted, everything... and I can't install it. These CDs were used 1 time before this, and now I can't get it to work at all. Taking the CDs back to the retailer is out of the question, because the time period for doing so is probably expired and I have had a tendency to take back many games before this (they genuinely didn't work), but they may start asking questions...

Any ideas on what I should do? Am I just done with fable? I have a torrent for the game ready for download, but I don't want to dedicate 12 18 hour days of downloading for it.. (dialup)

Any help is appreciated.

Loading Signature... Please Wait

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: need help for making this noob tutorial for (XBOX SECTION)
Next Topic: Screen Problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 05:56:15 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01164 seconds