Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Dialogue.LUT files
icon14.gif  Re: Dialogue.LUT files [message #50354 is a reply to message #19589] Thu, 26 March 2009 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
SamuraiSkye is currently offline  SamuraiSkye
I too was seeking a way to read lut files from Fable.

I found a program that is able to do this, *sortof*. It doesnt extract any names or any way of identifying each file so you have to listen to them one by one to find whatever.

Dragon Unpacker 5
http://www.elberethzone.net/lang-en/dup-description.html

Instructions:
1. Open the program
2. Goto the file menu and choose HyperRipper
3. Go to the Formats tab in the new window and make sure WAVE is enabled. Or just enable them all, thats what i did.
4. Go to the search tab and select your lut file of choice using the "..." button.
5. Make sure create hyperripper file (HRF) is checked, and make sure you note where the hrf file is going from the text box below.
6. Click search. The program scans the lut file for any files it recognizes and when its complete click ok.
7. Look through 10000 numbered soundfiles. If you need to reopen the file later without scanning it again, just open the HRF file you noted the location of earlier.
8. Have fun with looking through 10000 numbered sound files for 9 hours, hehe.

I really hope this helps someone. I wish I could extract the names from the file as well, but whatever.

By the way if anyone finds out what file and numbers the guild master nag voices are at, please let me know.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: wishlist...a house and a vault/stash