Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Fable D20 Story Hour
Fable D20 Story Hour [message #21299] Thu, 05 July 2007 00:17 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Since Lionhead screwed up the formatting when they moved to the new forums. I'm moving the story here...

This is a D&D campaign I run every 2 weeks written into story form. I originally was going to run it on the #fable irc channel, but that fell through. The guys I play with loved the ruleset though so rolled up new characters.

Prologue

Prologue
A new era has dawned in Albion. The Legend, simply known as 'The Hero', has faded from public view. Several guild members have disappeared. Of the known hero's only Thunder remains, now the new ruler of Bowerstone due to Lady Grey's untimely demise. Many are calling it the fall of the time of Hero's. Many regions have changed at quite an alarming rate with the loss of hero's.

Bowerstone has fallen from splendor. While still the capital, corruption is plaguing it. Lady Grey's killer remains unknown; her body found laying outside the Griffin Tavern's cellar. Thunder is ineffective as a leader and ruler, but needed to maintain the anti-magic field around the city. His sister Whisper remains missing, adding to his ineffectiveness. The people talk of making Oakvale the new capital.

Oakvale has seen it's influence spread greatly with immigration. It is now a metropolis. The Bandit camp is no more. The ruling Bandits with pressure from the ruling class of Oakvale have converted the area into a bazaar of black market goods. Anything can be found or purchased for a price. Assuming you are allowed to keep your money or your life. Barrowfield has become the agricultural area of Oakvale. Farmlands spread all the way up to Darkwood. Lack of invading monsters leads some to believe that the farmers have a dark pact with the denizens of Darkwood, but this is only rumor. Oakvale is now ruled by complete democracy, while Freedom of religion reigns. Chapels of every god real or fictional have been built in and around. An Arena is being built, and partially functional. It is rumored to host the bloodiest battles since the Old Kingdom was around.

The Darkwoods have expanded greatly. All attempts to clear the forested area have met with failure. The haunted house, a former tourist attraction, has been swallowed up by the dark forest. The chapel of Skorm has since been abandoned a new one having been built in Oakvale proper, and safe from creatures of the forest.

Knothole Glade has become the bastion of rangers and druids. The original village demolished and rebuilt to better breathe with the expanding Witchwood. It has been divided into 3 areas. The tree houses, the the village proper, and the underground dens. Each area doubles as a wildlife retreat and trading post. The Former Knothole Glade Arena is now properly owned by Bowerstone. A large section of forest around it has been cleared for an archway to teleport people back and forth.

With the discovery that Old Kingdom blood still flows within the populace, Witchwood has come alive. Not with just people, either. The forest has expanded to encompass the entire region. The temple of Avo was swallowed and destroyed. Ruins have since been unearthed by the shifting of the ground. All the decorative runes found have started to give off an unsettling glow. Magical beasts not seen in centuries are rumored to be roaming the great forest.

Hookcoast hasn't seen much growth as far as population. It has become rich off of metal goods that are sold to the other expanding cities. It is also a stopping point for those wishing to travel to the Northern Wastes in search of treasure. A statue and grave mark the spot of Maze's death at the now functioning Lighthouse door

Not much is known of the Wastelands. The books written by Albions can hardly be used as reference material. Traveling to the Wastelands is dangerous at best and often fatal. The land is without any recognizable sources of magic, yet undead roam it as freely as humanoid races roam Albion, and are just as plentiful. Undead hunters, called Rangers of the Wastelands, have been unsuccessful at penetrating far into the wastelands. It is rumored though that a great City of the Dead exists deep within the wastelands with untold riches.

The study of magic has taken a great leap forward among the main populace. As such, All magic hails from the age of the Old Kingdom. Invented and embedded into the land for its people. In essence the magic is alive. Those who draw magic from their Old Kingdom blood are known as Sorcerers. Psionicists have learned to harness this magic by tuning their bodies to emulate those of Old Kingdom blood. They have tricked the magic into working for them. This trickery can be felt, but is generally considered harmless and partly natural. Wizardry, though, is new to Albion. It was invented soon after the outlying islands began immigrating into Albion. It forces, pulls and bends the magic. The effect is so unsettling to other magic users that it can be felt even if not seen. This magic is considered an abomination, and some suspect that it will lead to the destruction of Albion.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Fri, 24 August 2007 01:35]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message