Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Fable: Harder Mode
Fable: Harder Mode [message #22306] Sun, 22 July 2007 16:39 Go to previous message
satharon is currently offline  satharon
I just recently got ahold of a copy of Fable, and my main complaint was the sheer ease of this game towards the end.

So, I found this website and looked around through the mods, and saw that there wasn't really one that just upped the overall difficulty of the things you face while you're playing without throwing extra stuff into the mix.

So, courtesy of many clicks and Fable Explorer , I give you a new difficulty for Fable.

--------------------------------------------------------
What I've done

-Increased NPC Health Points.
-Increased all major weapon damage [Some of them sting... keep your vials handy]
-As a result of the extra health transferring to XP , raised most XP requirements substantially.
-Tweaked certain Will abilities to make them not so useless in the new atmosphere.

Feedback is always appreciated. If this isn't difficult enough for you... I'm sure something can be done about that... Twisted Evil

To ensure that this game is in fact beatable with the above perameters, I'll be playing through it myself making alterations as I go.

Current location: Hobbe Cave / Bandit Seeress

Version 0.2 Alterations:
-Switched the Maximum age restriction to 23 ... never sat right that 5 in-game days pass during the game and yet you're 65 at the end.
-Increased base health to make up for early enemies
-Greatly decreased Whispers health. Due to her using the same weapon now as in late game, her attack is insanely powerful. Her 1-shot however will result in her winning the exercise, not with your death.
-Incrased base damage of lightning slightly.
-Reduced Whispers base damage during the Hobb Killing Contest quest.
-Decreased the total HP of Hobbes in general
-Altered Whisper's attack pattern to try and shy her away from kill stealing during the contest.
-Thanks to the ability to get a 25+ Multiplyer during beginning quests [Hobbe Killing Contest] , lowered the effect of Ages potions to 750 per multiplyer.
-Lowered General XP Gains by 50% to make up for the excess multiplyers [Lightning +3 after the Hobbe Contest = Mruff? Sad]
-Raised the Combat Multiplyer Requirement on the Demon Door in Greatwood to 19 in order to avoid getting a Legendary Weapon your first time through.
-Changed the Creatures for the Darkwood Demon Door: Removed lesser Hobbes, order is: 4 Hobb-Grunts , 4 Hobb-Sorcerer, 4 Hobb-Lueitenants , 4 Mid-Level Balverines, 4 Lake Nymphs (And holy crap, that was a fun fight.)

[Updated on: Mon, 23 July 2007 14:15]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Wooden sword
Next Topic: Scythes Outfit (Made Shirt model,pants, and gloves...need help)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 15:54:23 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01894 seconds